PDA

View Full Version : Flarmnet problems on Flarmview

Karl Kunz[_2_]
May 2nd 16, 04:23 PM
Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Tango Eight
May 2nd 16, 06:45 PM
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?

What did you name the converted file? IIRC it must be flarm.flx. The converter will happily allow you to give the file other names, which won't work..

best,
Evan Ludeman

Karl Kunz[_2_]
May 2nd 16, 09:40 PM
I noticed in Flarmview-1 manual it is as you stated but in the Flarmview-2 manual it just says -

 Please visit http://www.flarmnet.org
 Download file for LXNAV (LX8000, LX8080, LX9000) or click on following link: http://www.flarmnet.org/files/lxfile.php
 FLN type file will be downloaded.
 Copy flarm.fln file to SD card of FlarmView2.

It does not mention the conversion program or renaming ???

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 10:45:16 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
> On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> > Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?
>
> What did you name the converted file? IIRC it must be flarm.flx. The converter will happily allow you to give the file other names, which won't work.
>
> best,
> Evan Ludeman

Karl Kunz[_2_]
May 2nd 16, 09:51 PM
I did try with and without the conversion process (.fln and .flx) but still not working.

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 10:45:16 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
> On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> > Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?
>
> What did you name the converted file? IIRC it must be flarm.flx. The converter will happily allow you to give the file other names, which won't work.
>
> best,
> Evan Ludeman

May 3rd 16, 02:50 AM
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Karl:
Play with changes in the baud rate. I had the same problem and finally getting the correct baud rate on flarmview fixed it. Interestingly, after I did the 2015 software update the same problem came back - and it was fixed the same way.
Roy

Karl Kunz[_2_]
May 3rd 16, 04:36 PM
Thanks Roy I'll give that a try. I had thought of that but given that the rest of the functions worked figured it wasn't the problem.

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 6:50:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> > Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?
>
> Karl:
> Play with changes in the baud rate. I had the same problem and finally getting the correct baud rate on flarmview fixed it. Interestingly, after I did the 2015 software update the same problem came back - and it was fixed the same way.
> Roy

Ramy[_2_]
May 3rd 16, 10:37 PM
On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 8:36:07 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
> Thanks Roy I'll give that a try. I had thought of that but given that the rest of the functions worked figured it wasn't the problem.
>

> On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 6:50:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> > On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> > > Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?
> >
> > Karl:
> > Play with changes in the baud rate. I had the same problem and finally getting the correct baud rate on flarmview fixed it. Interestingly, after I did the 2015 software update the same problem came back - and it was fixed the same way.
> > Roy

Karl, I suspected earlier there was an issue but last weekend I saw all the tail numbers. I assume you left the micro SD card in, otherwise this will be the reason as I am pretty sure the micro SD card needs to always be in to retain configuration and flarmnet data.

Ramy

Karl Kunz[_2_]
May 4th 16, 10:59 AM
Yes I left the card in and was seeing all the targets but not seeing the tail numbers. The instructions for ins

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 2:37:10 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 8:36:07 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
> > Thanks Roy I'll give that a try. I had thought of that but given that the rest of the functions worked figured it wasn't the problem.

> > > Karl:
> > > Play with changes in the baud rate. I had the same problem and finally getting the correct baud rate on flarmview fixed it. Interestingly, after I did the 2015 software update the same problem came back - and it was fixed the same way.
> > > Roy
>
> Karl, I suspected earlier there was an issue but last weekend I saw all the tail numbers. I assume you left the micro SD card in, otherwise this will be the reason as I am pretty sure the micro SD card needs to always be in to retain configuration and flarmnet data.
>
> Ramy

Tango Eight
May 4th 16, 11:12 AM
http://www.lxnav.com/contact.html

best,
Evan

Karl Kunz[_2_]
May 6th 16, 05:39 PM
I did send LXNav a query but got a terse response which only quoted there manual which sucks by any measure. So far not impressed with LXNav. They really need to get a good technical writer with good english skills to write their manuals.

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 3:12:45 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
> http://www.lxnav.com/contact.html
>
> best,
> Evan

Ramy[_2_]
May 7th 16, 02:25 AM
On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 9:39:56 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
> I did send LXNav a query but got a terse response which only quoted there manual which sucks by any measure. So far not impressed with LXNav. They really need to get a good technical writer with good english skills to write their manuals.
>
> On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 3:12:45 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
> > http://www.lxnav.com/contact.html
> >
> > best,
> > Evan

I cant agree more. There are also many issues and shortcoming with Flarmview. I am in contact with them trying to explain the issues. Had to go back and forth after they kept referring me to the manual but I think I got their attention and hopefully they will improve the product. They promised to fix some of the issues I reported. The rumor that flarmview is better than Butterfly display is highly exagerated. It is more configurable and looks nicer but at the same time more confusing.

Ramy

May 10th 16, 10:05 PM
Den mandag den 2. maj 2016 kl. 17.23.22 UTC+2 skrev Karl Kunz:
> Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Have got exactly the same problem.
Haven't tried changing baud rates yet.

Rg. Per Givskov

May 10th 16, 10:21 PM
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 5:05:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Den mandag den 2. maj 2016 kl. 17.23.22 UTC+2 skrev Karl Kunz:
> > Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?
>
> Have got exactly the same problem.
> Haven't tried changing baud rates yet.
>
> Rg. Per Givskov

+1
same problem here

Paul Remde
May 11th 16, 02:23 AM
Hi Karl,

Give me a call sometime. I'll be glad to support you.

Note: You don't need to use the PC FlarmNet converter application. Recent
versions of the FlarmView firmware have a built-in converter. After you
save the FlarmNet .fln file to the microSD memory card, put the card into
the FlarmView 2 and go to the Files menu and select "convert fln to flx" (or
something like that). The conversion takes a few seconds. Doing the
conversion in the unit will have the added side-benefit of verifying that
the microSD card is working OK.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Karl Kunz" wrote in message

Yes I left the card in and was seeing all the targets but not seeing the
tail numbers. The instructions for ins

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 2:37:10 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 8:36:07 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
> > Thanks Roy I'll give that a try. I had thought of that but given that
> > the rest of the functions worked figured it wasn't the problem.
> >

> > On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 6:50:46 PM UTC-7,
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Karl:
> > > Play with changes in the baud rate. I had the same problem and
> > > finally getting the correct baud rate on flarmview fixed it.
> > > Interestingly, after I did the 2015 software update the same problem
> > > came back - and it was fixed the same way.
> > > Roy
>
> Karl, I suspected earlier there was an issue but last weekend I saw all
> the tail numbers. I assume you left the micro SD card in, otherwise this
> will be the reason as I am pretty sure the micro SD card needs to always
> be in to retain configuration and flarmnet data.
>
> Ramy

Google