PDA

View Full Version : L-Nav question for anyone still using one

akiley
May 4th 16, 07:49 PM
I just started flying an ASW-19b at our club that has an L-Nav, GPS-NAV, Vario combo installed. When I turn the unit on, I get the barro page. I can set the altimeter here but the Go button does nothing. So I can't get to the main screen. Yesterday I gave up, left the L-Nav on. About 3 or 4 minutes later (on tow), the main screen came up on it's own.

Am I doing something wrong? I RTFM, but am guessing the Go button is flaky and maybe the barro page times out after a few minutes. Everything else works once I get to the main menu.

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 4th 16, 08:31 PM
On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 1:49:53 PM UTC-5, akiley wrote:
> I just started flying an ASW-19b at our club that has an L-Nav, GPS-NAV, Vario combo installed. When I turn the unit on, I get the barro page. I can set the altimeter here but the Go button does nothing. So I can't get to the main screen. Yesterday I gave up, left the L-Nav on. About 3 or 4 minutes later (on tow), the main screen came up on it's own.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? I RTFM, but am guessing the Go button is flaky and maybe the barro page times out after a few minutes. Everything else works once I get to the main menu.

Your first guess is correct. The "GO" button is flakey. I don't think there is a timeout for a screen change. Will fire one up tonight and let it sit to see for sure. Gary at Clearnav will tell you that the switches sometimes go bad. I have a few GPS Nav displays I am going to have to send back for bad switches. As I recall, about one hour bench time, and last time was, I think, $5 per switch. But, Gary at Clearnav can fix you right up!

Steve Leonard

akiley
May 4th 16, 08:57 PM
On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 3:31:08 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 1:49:53 PM UTC-5, akiley wrote:
> > I just started flying an ASW-19b at our club that has an L-Nav, GPS-NAV, Vario combo installed. When I turn the unit on, I get the barro page. I can set the altimeter here but the Go button does nothing. So I can't get to the main screen. Yesterday I gave up, left the L-Nav on. About 3 or 4 minutes later (on tow), the main screen came up on it's own.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong? I RTFM, but am guessing the Go button is flaky and maybe the barro page times out after a few minutes. Everything else works once I get to the main menu.
>
> Your first guess is correct. The "GO" button is flakey. I don't think there is a timeout for a screen change. Will fire one up tonight and let it sit to see for sure. Gary at Clearnav will tell you that the switches sometimes go bad. I have a few GPS Nav displays I am going to have to send back for bad switches. As I recall, about one hour bench time, and last time was, I think, $5 per switch. But, Gary at Clearnav can fix you right up!
>
> Steve Leonard

Good deal! Thanks for that. ... Aaron

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 5th 16, 04:38 PM
As a follow up, there is no auto time to transition to the main page. At least, it didn't happen in the 8 hours I had mine on for last night.

Steve

May 5th 16, 07:16 PM
Had the GO button replaced last year by Gary at ClearNav. Had gotten increasingly less cooperative (the button, not Gary). Lasted 23 years, though. Still a fine instrument.

Chip Bearden
JB

Google