PDA

View Full Version : Paint match for gold colour on LS control circuit

Ben Coleman
May 11th 16, 12:53 PM
Hi all, does anyone know of a good paint match for the gold colour on LS control circuit metal parts? Aerosol preferred!

Thanks Ben

May 12th 16, 11:19 AM
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 4:53:10 AM UTC-7, Ben Coleman wrote:
> Hi all, does anyone know of a good paint match for the gold colour on LS control circuit metal parts? Aerosol preferred!
>
> Thanks Ben

European glider paints are often the 'RAL' color scheme. The only US supplier of RAL colors I know is http://artprimo.com/catalog/spray-paint-belton-spectral-c-26_189.html

May 12th 16, 01:13 PM
Myperfectcolor.com

They can put any color into aerosol cans in fairly small quantities (2 can minimum I believe)

Their utlra flat laquer has held up really well on my glare shield.

Papa3[_2_]
May 13th 16, 04:53 AM
Believe it or not... Rustoleum gold metallic is pretty close.

Ben Coleman
May 13th 16, 05:37 AM
On Friday, 13 May 2016 13:23:02 UTC+9:30, Papa3 wrote:
> Believe it or not... Rustoleum gold metallic is pretty close.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Cheers Ben

Bob Kuykendall
May 13th 16, 07:49 PM
We recently needed to duplicate the finish that DG uses on its weldments; it looks like some sort of yellow zinc plating. We took the parts to our local powder coating place, and they came up with pretty much an exact match; they look just like the original DG parts.

Thanks, Bob K.

Google