PDA

View Full Version : Straight Out 1000km attempt in progress

Ramy[_2_]
May 13th 16, 08:20 PM
Kempton and Tom Bjork are on their way towards the Canadian border from Williams, CA. This is going to be the longest straight out attempt from Williams. As of noon they are almost at the Triniti Alps which is amazing. We normally launch around noon. You can follow their progress on the SSA tracker
http://ssa.org/sailplanetracker/default.asp?

Ramy

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
May 13th 16, 08:50 PM
Congrats to the pilots on the attempt.

Not knowing the id's, the link makes it hard to know WHICH CA flight I should look for in the link.....

Ramy[_2_]
May 13th 16, 09:39 PM
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 12:50:53 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> Congrats to the pilots on the attempt.
>
> Not knowing the id's, the link makes it hard to know WHICH CA flight I should look for in the link.....

Try http://glideport.aero/map?p=GlidePort:409 and look for SF.
The others are planning to fly back to Williams.
As of 1PM they were almost at the Oregon border.

Ramy

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
May 13th 16, 10:57 PM
Still some digging, but..........

He is SW of Bend, SE of Eugene.......

Best wishes on the flight..........

noel.wade
May 14th 16, 12:57 AM
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 2:57:11 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> Still some digging, but..........
>
> He is SW of Bend, SE of Eugene.......

Now in WA state! Looks like they're on the East side of Vancouver, WA. That's a magnificent flight, no matter where they end up!

--Noel

Gordon Boettger
May 14th 16, 01:09 AM
Just got a text from Kemp. He's hooking into shearline clouds N of Portland. Following him and giving airport info and airport wx along his course line for landing options. Awesome Kemp!! Fun watching on this end of the line for a change.
Gordo

Gordon Boettger
May 14th 16, 02:17 AM
Kemp cranked the motor near KKLS and is motoring back south to North Plains glider strip just west of Portland. Nice area. Nice work Kemp!
Gordo

Craig Reinholt
May 14th 16, 04:28 AM
The 30 is safely tied down at North Plains. Kempton and Tom are grabbing a 9:30 SW flight out of PDX to Sacramento and will drive the trailer up for a retrieve on Saturday.

Google