PDA

View Full Version : Re: Eric June's accident - stall warning

May 25th 16, 11:08 AM
Am Montag, 12. Oktober 1998 09:00:00 UTC+2 schrieb Paolo Cavosi:
> Hi,
> I own an szd-55-1 with stall warning device. I thought the instrument was
> installed because of the Jar 22 (or 23) certification, but probably i am
> wrong.
>
> Anyway there is a dynamic air pressure hole just under the nose and the
> instrument measure the air pressure activating a buzzer as soon as the angle
> of attack approaches the stall angle. Therefore it works independently from
> the air speed and the stall indication is correct also in case of turns.
>
> As far as i know all SZD-55 are equipped with this instrument.
>
> ciao
> paolo cavosi "1P".
>

> NAMacLean ha scritto nel messaggio
> >
> >In article >, (Jeffry
> >Stetson) writes:
> >
> >>I've never once have seen or heard of one
> >
> >I've recently taken delivery of a new SZD-55-1. For the factory test flight
> in
> >Poland before shipping it was fitted with a stall warning instrument, which
> was
> >then removed before export to the United States. It works off a small hole
> just
> >under the nose so it is air pressure activated but I don't know whether it
> just
> >measures airspeed (in which case it won't know whether stall speed is at 1G
> or
> >higher as in a turn) or somehow senses angle of attack. I believe that for
> >flying in Poland the stall warning device is mandatory for this glider, but
> >have never heard of it being used in any other country.
> >
> >Could SZD Sailplanes (Mike Salcito?) or anybody reading this is Poland tell
> us
> >any more about this instrument?
> >
> >Neil MacLean
> >SZD-55-1 "64R"

I own a SZD 55, too - and one with stall warning (mandatory in Germany, too). However, mine works with airspeed only. It can be adjusted to be activated at a desired airspeed, but is nor AOA. In the factory manual there are two versions of the stall warning described, both are corellating to airspeed.

Paolo, can you tell us more about your stall warning?

That'd be great!

Regards,

Michail

Google