Listing: Ventus 2cxT -18m
From: Douglas

Phone:7040107978
Comments: I am interested to purchase. I will like to know if still available and also send me more details. I await your reply. regards, Mr Douglas

Listing: Ventus 2cxT -18m
From: Mr Vince Allan

Phone:7040107978
Comments:I am interested in buying. Kindly let me know if still available and send me more details. I await your reply. regards, Mr Vince Allan

Please feel free to send these guys a virus.

Be safe,

Bob

Paul Agnew
May 27th 16, 05:16 PM
This looks like the first round of a cashier check scam. They agree to buy sight unseen and send you a check. The check is "accidentally" made out for more than the price and they ask you to send them back the difference.

More about it here: http://www.snopes.com/fraud/sales/cashier.asp

If you received them in your own Gmail account, report them as phishing.

Sign in to Gmail.
Open the message you'd like to report.
At the top-right corner of the message, click the down arrow next to the "Reply" button.
Select Report Phishing.

Paul A.
Jupiter, FL

Michael Opitz
May 27th 16, 05:19 PM
At 15:46 27 May 2016, Bob Caldwell BC wrote:
>Hi pilots,
>
>I know we have been warned before about this but here is another
warning.
>=
>I have a glider listed on W&W and am getting emails like the
following.
>Th=
>e bad grammar should be a tip off, of course, kind of like my
distant
>relat=
>ive who won the lottery in Nigeria. Don't fall for it.=20
>
>Listing: Ventus 2cxT -18m
>From: Douglas

>Phone:7040107978
>Comments: I am interested to purchase. I will like to know if still
>availab=
>le and also send me more details. I await your reply. regards, Mr
Douglas
>m=

>Listing: Ventus 2cxT -18m
>From: Mr Vince Allan

>Phone:7040107978
>Comments:I am interested in buying. Kindly let me know if still
available
>a=
>nd send me more details. I await your reply. regards, Mr Vince
Allan
>vincea=
=20

>Please feel free to send these guys a virus.
>
>Be safe,
>
>Bob

We have gotten 2 of these in response to our Twin Astir listing on
W&W also..

Dan Marotta
May 27th 16, 07:11 PM
Heck, why not follow up? If anyone sends a cashier's check, simply sit
on it long enough to ensure its validity. Surely the buyer will
understand! I could see this becoming quite fun if the "buyer" is a
scammer. Maybe have him come out for an inspection trip! Maybe the
"buyer" will send a cash deposit.

--
Dan, 5J

Paul Agnew
May 27th 16, 07:46 PM
Don't scambait them unless you are fully informed and prepared to deal with any consequences. These scammers are criminals and can get your personal information with a simple N-number search.

If you do want to scambait them, check out some of the protracted exchanges on http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm

FWIW - 419 is the legal code for fraud. When I was working in Nigeria, there were buildings with "No 419" painted on the sides to warn people away from the real estate scammers that would "sell" a house or building with false documents.

Paul A.
Jupiter, FL

Dan Marotta
May 27th 16, 08:03 PM