PDA

View Full Version : Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

Rich Owen[_2_]
June 19th 16, 05:29 PM
First I would like to wish all our fathers out there a Happy Fathers Day! With as much sadness as we have had in Orlando recently it is good to celebrate a very special day.

The company sent out a press release on September 10, 2015 that announced the change in leadership at Seminole-Lake Gliderport. A short seven months after that leadership change, we held the 26th Annual Senior Soaring Championship. This contest had 93 pilots sign up for only 60 total entry slots. Please take a look at the video that was commissioned for the event (https..//vimeo.com/160381774). If you look at the latest Soaring magazine in the section on new glider pilots, Seminole-Lake is doing a great job of introducing new pilots and powered pilots to soaring. As a member of the soaring community, all of our employees strive to provide the very best instruction, and service to all of you. There has been a number of questions posted on the health of the company. As the Vice President I can tell all of you we are doing great. We have made capital improvements to the grounds, have plans for a T-hangar project, and continue to be the home of the largest single class contest in the US. We have also run XC/Racing/OLC Camps following the Seniors that have been attended by a wide range of pilots.

I would encourage everyone who attended one of our camps or the Seniors to post on this site your impressions of Seminole-Lake. I would also ask to contact me personally so that we could discuss your concerns.

Again, have a very Happy Father's Day! See you on the grid!

Rich Owen (ZO)
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring (Parent company of Seminole-Lake Gliderport)

407-325-6500 cell

Loye Hilton[_2_]
June 20th 16, 06:56 AM
At 16:29 19 June 2016, Rich Owen wrote:
>First I would like to wish all our fathers out there a Happy Fathers Day!

>=
>With as much sadness as we have had in Orlando recently it is good to
>celeb=
>rate a very special day. =20
>
>The company sent out a press release on September 10, 2015 that
announced
>t=
>he change in leadership at Seminole-Lake Gliderport. A short seven
months
>=
>after that leadership change, we held the 26th Annual Senior Soaring
>Champi=
>onship. This contest had 93 pilots sign up for only 60 total entry
slots.
>=
> Please take a look at the video that was commissioned for the event
>(https=
>..//vimeo.com/160381774). If you look at the latest Soaring magazine in
the
>=
>section on new glider pilots, Seminole-Lake is doing a great job of
>introdu=
>cing new pilots and powered pilots to soaring. As a member of the
soaring
>=
>community, all of our employees strive to provide the very best
>instruction=
>, and service to all of you. There has been a number of questions posted
>on=
> the health of the company. As the Vice President I can tell all of you
>we=
> are doing great. We have made capital improvements to the grounds, have
>p=
>lans for a T-hangar project, and continue to be the home of the largest
>sin=
>gle class contest in the US. We have also run XC/Racing/OLC Camps
>followin=
>g the Seniors that have been attended by a wide range of pilots. =20
>
>I would encourage everyone who attended one of our camps or the Seniors
>=
>post on this site your impressions of Seminole-Lake. I would also ask
>ASW2=
to contact me personally so that we could discuss
your
>=
>concerns.
>
>Again, have a very Happy Father's Day! See you on the grid!
>
>Rich Owen (ZO)
>Vice President
>Seminole Flying and Soaring (Parent company of Seminole-Lake Gliderport)

>407-325-6500 cell

Loye Hilton[_2_]
June 20th 16, 07:03 AM
Was there in March to fly with friends...thanks to all for a great time
hadn't
seen Jon since DurangoAt 16:29 19 June 2016, Rich Owen wrote:
>First I would like to wish all our fathers out there a Happy Fathers Day!

>=
>With as much sadness as we have had in Orlando recently it is good to
>celeb=
>rate a very special day. =20
>
>The company sent out a press release on September 10, 2015 that
announced
>t=
>he change in leadership at Seminole-Lake Gliderport. A short seven
months
>=
>after that leadership change, we held the 26th Annual Senior Soaring
>Champi=
>onship. This contest had 93 pilots sign up for only 60 total entry
slots.
>=
> Please take a look at the video that was commissioned for the event
>(https=
>..//vimeo.com/160381774). If you look at the latest Soaring magazine in
the
>=
>section on new glider pilots, Seminole-Lake is doing a great job of
>introdu=
>cing new pilots and powered pilots to soaring. As a member of the
soaring
>=
>community, all of our employees strive to provide the very best
>instruction=
>, and service to all of you. There has been a number of questions posted
>on=
> the health of the company. As the Vice President I can tell all of you
>we=
> are doing great. We have made capital improvements to the grounds, have
>p=
>lans for a T-hangar project, and continue to be the home of the largest
>sin=
>gle class contest in the US. We have also run XC/Racing/OLC Camps
>followin=
>g the Seniors that have been attended by a wide range of pilots. =20
>
>I would encourage everyone who attended one of our camps or the Seniors
>=
>post on this site your impressions of Seminole-Lake. I would also ask
>ASW2=
to contact me personally so that we could discuss
your
>=
>concerns.
>
>Again, have a very Happy Father's Day! See you on the grid!
>
>Rich Owen (ZO)
>Vice President
>Seminole Flying and Soaring (Parent company of Seminole-Lake Gliderport)

>407-325-6500 cell

June 20th 16, 12:26 PM
While I appreciate all the work that the new operators have put into Seminole Lake, it is unconscionable to do business with a company that enriches a criminal and was purchased and improved (directly or indirectly) with ill-gotten gains.

Until Seminole Lake is sold and the proceeds returned back to the people of Romania, or at least placed into a trust whose distribution is determined by the courts of Romania, glider pilots of conscious should boycott it.

Sincerely,
Susan

Bruce Hoult
June 20th 16, 01:19 PM
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 2:26:47 PM UTC+3, wrote:
> While I appreciate all the work that the new operators have put into Seminole Lake, it is unconscionable to do business with a company that enriches a criminal and was purchased and improved (directly or indirectly) with ill-gotten gains.

If it's enriching a criminal then it must be the only gliderport in the world that is making money!

> Until Seminole Lake is sold and the proceeds returned back to the people of Romania, or at least placed into a trust whose distribution is determined by the courts of Romania, glider pilots of conscious should boycott it.

Would the people of Romania not get a better price for it if it's a going concern with lots of users than if it's abandoned?

Vaughn Simon[_2_]
June 20th 16, 01:28 PM
On 6/20/2016 7:26 AM, wrote:
> While I appreciate all the work that the new operators have put into Seminole Lake,
it is unconscionable to do business with a company that enriches a
criminal and was
purchased and improved (directly or indirectly) with ill-gotten gains.

> Until Seminole Lake is sold and the proceeds returned back to the people of Romania,
or at least placed into a trust whose distribution is determined by the
courts of
Romania, glider pilots of conscious should boycott it.

> Sincerely,
> Susan

Susan, I respectfully disagree. We have no right, individually or
collectively, to decide who is a criminal and who isn't. We have courts
for that. We should respect the legal process (which takes time) and
allow it to sort things out.

Meanwhile, there is a world-class glider operation there which needs our
support to survive. Our sport has damn few of these places, and I would
hate to lose this one simply because a few folks decide on their own to
boycott it.

If we let Seminole Lake die on the vine, then some good folks lose their
jobs and that financial investment (Which some folks say belongs to the
people of Romania) will largely evaporate and be gone forever. If that
were to happen, both soaring and Romania would be losers.

Please, let's DISBAND THE LYNCH MOB and let the legal system work!

Respectfully
Vaughn

Casey[_2_]
June 20th 16, 04:02 PM
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 7:26:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> While I appreciate all the work that the new operators have put into Seminole Lake, it is unconscionable to do business with a company that enriches a criminal and was purchased and improved (directly or indirectly) with ill-gotten gains.
>
> Until Seminole Lake is sold and the proceeds returned back to the people of Romania, or at least placed into a trust whose distribution is determined by the courts of Romania, glider pilots of conscious should boycott it.
>
> Sincerely,
> Susan

How do you know that Seminole Lake was purchased by ill gotten money and not from money from other businesses?

You and others slamming Seminole Lake hopping it goes belly up may be a ploy for you or others to get in line for the auction. Not to mention that I will also be at the auction.

If it does goes belly up, the field goes to the adjacent land owners. They have right away on their deeds. No other business can be established. That is not to say that the current business can not be sold though.

And Susan, If you are such a do-gooder, please explain to me how you ensure that any rug, clothing and many other products you buy including olive oil that is not made in the US, is not from child labor nor from organized crime.

I for one am about tired of seeing the ill will about Seminole.

Bob Pasker
June 20th 16, 04:57 PM
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 8:19:34 AM UTC-4, Bruce Hoult wrote:
> > Until Seminole Lake is sold and the proceeds returned back to the people of Romania, or at least placed into a trust whose distribution is determined by the courts of Romania, glider pilots of conscious should boycott it.
>
> Would the people of Romania not get a better price for it if it's a going concern with lots of users than if it's abandoned?

Nobody said that the gliderport should stop operating for the benefit of the glider pilots. Only that ownership should be transferred to a trust.

Sincerely,
Susan

Bob Pasker
June 20th 16, 05:00 PM
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:02:29 AM UTC-4, Casey wrote:
> How do you know that Seminole Lake was purchased by ill gotten money and not from money from other businesses?

Note that I wrote "directly or indirectly," which of course means that legal funds were freed up by ill-gotten gains to purchase the gliderport.

The law doesn't differentiate between ill-gotten gains and those obtained legally. As Bernie Madoff.

Sincerely,
Susan

Rich Owen[_2_]
June 20th 16, 07:21 PM
Loye,

Thanks for the kind words. We always try and provide a club like experience for pilots that fly with us. All commercial operators really do their best to make soaring an enjoyable experience. We will always have that 2% that are not satisfied but that does not mean we should not listen to them. Hope to see you back at Seminole-Lake soon.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen

Rich Owen[_2_]
June 20th 16, 07:32 PM
Susan,

Thank you for your opinion. In the US we have the ability to say whatever we want within reason. As a retired Navy fighter pilot who flew in the Middle East and very actively defended our freedom of speech. Boycotting a company where the vast majority of employees and customers are glider pilots, and SSA members seems very idealistic. There are fewer and fewer commercial operators in the US. Unless you have the resources to purchase a business, I will work hard to maintain a quality center of aviation excellence just like our fellow glider operations throughout the US.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen

June 20th 16, 08:54 PM
Rich-

I'm looking forward to my first time back to Seminole since I towed there in 95 for Senior Nationals. I can't decide if I want to haul my 1-35 down there, or just rent.

One way or another.. you'll be seeing me this winter. Good luck with your issues with the owner. Seems like you have some folks that are gleeful to try to tap dance on your grave. No one is getting rich running gliders. I'm looking forward to seeing the place again.

JPiper

WAVEGURU
June 20th 16, 11:11 PM
No wonder Susan was "treated so badly" when she went there, if in fact she really did go there, or is even a real person?
It is hard to keep everybody happy but this operation seems to be doing a great job according to most. I'm so sorry a few, or maybe it is just one, are giving them such a hard time. Been there, done that and it really gets old quickly.

Boggs

June 21st 16, 12:28 AM
I have had nothing but good experiences at Seminole-Lake Gliderport over the last 12 years.
For two weeks every March I fly the Senior's Contest (and pre contest practice). Both the current management and the previous management have done a wonderful job. Seminole-Lake Gliderport is a National Soaring Treasure.
The only thing on my calendar for next year is the two weeks flying at Seminole-Lake.
The only thing that I know I will be doing in 2018 is two weeks of soaring at Seminole-Lake. I won't bore you with my plans further into the future, but I think you can figure out what I plan........

DK
Don Kroesch

Glider RN
June 21st 16, 12:56 AM
I definitely agree with DK's comments. Have been going to Seminole Lake for the past 14 years for a month in the spring for some fun flying and to participate in the Seniors contest. For the past 10, we have taken advantage of the comfortable rooms and apartments available on the field. There have been changes in management and ownership during that period, but aside from the normal concerns when hearing about a change, things have always been as good or better. This is an outstanding place to fly and Rich Owen has done a great job since he has joined the operation. So long as he is involved, there will be continuity and there should be no concerns.

John Earlywine
RN

Gino Cavicchioli
June 21st 16, 02:46 AM
I visited Seminol-Lake Gliderport with my wife, in
December/January & came back in late March/April.
I cannot say enough fabulous things
about the facility and stuff.
We our looking forward to our return :-)
Gino Cavicchioli
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada.

November 5th 16, 12:11 AM
Was in Orlando for work this week and tagged on a finish up Commercial add on course at Seminole Lake. I couldn't have been more satisfied. Great facilities and equipment, warm, welcoming and personable staff, (Virginia has a smile a mile wide-oh by the way she is a 757/767 driver), super solid instruction (thanks Steve and Sasha!) and are 100% set up with the client in mind. When Steve wants 55 he means 55, not 56 and you can bet your ass it'll be 55 on the Checkride...I can't wait to go back and spend a few days this spring getting more comfortable being inverted! From tip to tail, first rate. If you are looking for a place for primary training, to finish up a rating, learn aerobatics, or just hang out and fly, you need to head down there.. The folks taking care of SL are passionate and know thier stuff. They are not out to milk you and they have no agenda except sharing this wonderful sport. Thanks Seminole Lake!

November 5th 16, 02:05 AM
When I googled Seminole Lake just now, this article appeared from yesterday.. Looks like the owner was finally deported from Grand Cayman. Not good news for the gliderport. Read the article below, says he was labeled as a "terrorist."

https://www.caymancompass.com/2016/11/02/romanian-fugitive-deported-from-cayman-islands/

November 2, 2016

The founder of Romania’s secret police service has been deported from the Cayman Islands after exhausting attempts to fight extradition to his homeland where he faces jail time for corruption.

He repeatedly claimed he feared persecution and torture if he was sent back to the former communist country and he sought political asylum in the Cayman Islands.Mihai Tanjala even resorted to a hunger strike while detained at Northward Prison, vowing, “I refuse to go back to Romania alive,” in a letter to the governor, made public in a recent court filing..

Immigration officials confirmed that Mr. Tanjala’s requests had been turned down and he is no longer on island, having been flown to Romania on Oct. 18, just over a year after he was taken into custody.

The entrepreneur and former politician was sentenced in 2011 to five years in prison for a fraudulent business deal. He fled Romania and has been on the run ever since, arriving in Cayman from Cuba on a visitor’s visa in September last year.

He was detained trying to enter Jamaica after authorities there noticed he was on an Interpol red list and an international warrant had been issued for his arrest.

His extradition to Romania was approved by a Cayman Islands court last December, a decision that was upheld by Justice Malcolm Swift in June. The judge ruled that there was no evidence of specific danger to Mr. Tanjala in Romania or that his conviction was unfair or politically motivated.

Court documents indicate Mr. Tanjala has since made numerous additional efforts to stay in Cayman, including a request to be classified as a refugee and be granted political asylum under the Geneva Convention.

His options appear to have run out, however, with the Sept. 23 decision of the Immigration Appeals Tribunal that the Department of Immigration was correct to deny his application.

Court documents indicate that Mr. Tanjala also made multiple appeals for assistance to the Red Cross and the governor’s office and sought to marry his ex-wife while in prison.

His lawyers lodged an appeal against the decision to refuse asylum with the Grand Court on Oct. 4 along with a second petition from his former wife alleging breaches of their human rights in connection with their failed attempt to get married in Cayman.

In a letter to the governor, Mr. Tanjala indicated he was on hunger strike, stating, “I wish my ex-wife will have a correct social status and safe financial situation if I were to die.”

Despite the new court filings, immigration officials confirmed that Mr. Tanjala had been deported, “having exhausted his appeals within the local courts as well as with the Immigration Appeals Tribunal.”

A summary of the evidence indicates that Mr. Tanjala claimed to fear revenge from people who believed he was involved with the abuses of former dictator Nicolae Ceausescu’s oppressive regime, which ended with Ceausescu’s execution after a revolution in 1989.

“Also cited were examples of the alleged perennial hatred for the applicant among the Romanian populace/authorities because of the perception that the killing of thousands of people in Romania during the revolution was perpetrated by former information officers such as the appellant, who was labeled a “securest” and “terrorist” and relentlessly pursued by criminals avenging the death of their loved ones,” the summary states.

The tribunal rejects the claim that Mr. Tanjala, who worked as a politician and businessman for many years after the revolution, was persecuted politically in Romania.

In a September letter to the governor, Mr. Tanjala again protested his innocence and raised his fear of returning to Romania and made a final plea for her to intervene.

“Morally exhausted, weary of suffering and hopeless, I decided to prevent my extradition and not be humiliated, aggressed and threatened like a criminal. To be on hunger strike until a decision will be taken or I will die.”

He calls on the governor to “go beyond procedures” and re-examine the evidence in his trial in Romania, “find my innocence and dispose my release.”

The Grand Court earlier found there was no evidence of an unfair trial in Romania and ruled that the appeals process in that country was the proper place for any re-examination of the evidence.

Mr. Tanjala’s crime was not specifically related to his political activity. It was alleged that as administrator of the company IC IGMUG SA Giurgiu, he had become aware of an offer to buy a property from another firm, Zone Libere SA.

Instead of authorizing the deal, he orchestrated the sale of the asset to a company owned by his wife for a fraction of the price. That company then made the deal with Zone Libere SA at a massive profit.

November 5th 16, 02:13 AM
http://cayman27.ky/2016/11/tanjala-returned-to-romania/

Dave Springford
November 5th 16, 02:53 AM
That's funny - when I google Seminole Lake - that article didn't appear in any of the hits on the first page of results.

As many have said before, Seminole Lake Gliderport is alive and well and I'll be there in about 5 weeks to once again enjoy some respite from the snow and hang out with my buddies and do some soaring in the Florida winter season.

November 5th 16, 10:30 AM
If you google "Seminole Lake Gliderport owner Mihai Tanjala" you can see lots of articles come up and then find many related articles.

Looks like he paid $2.3 Million for the gliderport a few years back and was sentenced to prison in Romania for 5 years. Fled to the United States. Stayed in hiding at the gliderport while he had multiple lawyers stall his deportation. Then got a divorce from his corrupt wife who was part of his schemes to steal millions. Was eventually deported from the United States. Fled to Cuba, then Grand Cayman. While in jail in Grand Cayman he tried to remarry his exwife while on a hunger strike.

He is listed as a most wanted criminal on the Interpol red list. Listed as a terrorist in his own country. Now his assets are being frozen and returned to the Romanian government. To think the business will stay "thriving" is extremely unrealistic.

While the gliderport may be thriving at the moment, it's still owned by a fugitive/most wanted criminal/terrorist. He's lucky to have people manage his money and assets for him while he is quote: "facing hard times."

So where is the profit going? Are they wiring the money to off shore accounts in the Cayman Islands? It is un-American to do business with such a deplorable business owner.

Vote Trump everyone. America has turned into a dumping ground for criminals like Mihai Tanjala. It's unfortunate that he was even allowed into the United States. Time to lock down border security and block people like this from ever stepping foot in our country.

I would rather do business with respectable business owners like Sarah Kelly, Burt Compton, Tom Knauff, etc. There are many glider ports in the USA, why choose to hand money over to this place?

JS
November 5th 16, 04:15 PM
On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:30:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> If you google "Seminole Lake Gliderport owner Mihai Tanjala" you can see lots of articles come up and then find many related articles.
>
> Looks like he paid $2.3 Million for the gliderport a few years back and was sentenced to prison in Romania for 5 years. Fled to the United States. Stayed in hiding at the gliderport while he had multiple lawyers stall his deportation. Then got a divorce from his corrupt wife who was part of his schemes to steal millions. Was eventually deported from the United States. Fled to Cuba, then Grand Cayman. While in jail in Grand Cayman he tried to remarry his exwife while on a hunger strike.
>
> He is listed as a most wanted criminal on the Interpol red list. Listed as a terrorist in his own country. Now his assets are being frozen and returned to the Romanian government. To think the business will stay "thriving" is extremely unrealistic.
>
> While the gliderport may be thriving at the moment, it's still owned by a fugitive/most wanted criminal/terrorist. He's lucky to have people manage his money and assets for him while he is quote: "facing hard times."
>
> So where is the profit going? Are they wiring the money to off shore accounts in the Cayman Islands? It is un-American to do business with such a deplorable business owner.
>

> Vote Trump everyone. America has turned into a dumping ground for criminals like Mihai Tanjala. It's unfortunate that he was even allowed into the United States. Time to lock down border security and block people like this from ever stepping foot in our country.
>
> I would rather do business with respectable business owners like Sarah Kelly, Burt Compton, Tom Knauff, etc. There are many glider ports in the USA, why choose to hand money over to this place?

Hahahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Why do you put down one criminal and praise another?
Jim

Dan Marotta
November 5th 16, 04:27 PM
I didn't see Clinton's name mentioned anywhere. Do I need to reread the
post or do you need to reevaluate your understanding of criminal behavior?

--
Dan, 5J

John Carlyle
November 5th 16, 04:40 PM
You might want to give up drinking that Kool-Aid, Dan.

-John, Q3

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 12:27:35 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> I didn't see Clinton's name mentioned anywhere. Do I need to reread the
> post or do you need to reevaluate your understanding of criminal behavior?
>
> On 11/5/2016 10:15 AM, JS wrote:
> > Hahahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
> > Why do you put down one criminal and praise another?
> > Jim
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

Dan Marotta
November 5th 16, 06:29 PM
Facts, people, facts. Not the claptrap that the media keeps putting
out. I was kinda hoping to hear something of substance, but your
response is just what I expected.

Dan, 5J

--
Dan, 5J

John Carlyle
November 5th 16, 07:34 PM
OK, Dan, non-media facts related to criminal behavior: (1) Donald Trump has been convicted multiple times of breaking the law. (2) Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of breaking the law.

-John, Q3

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 2:30:06 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Facts, people, facts. Not the claptrap that the media keeps putting
> out. I was kinda hoping to hear something of substance, but your
> response is just what I expected.
>
> Dan, 5J
>
> On 11/5/2016 10:40 AM, John Carlyle wrote:
> > You might want to give up drinking that Kool-Aid, Dan.
> >
> > -John, Q3

November 5th 16, 07:52 PM
On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:34:34 PM UTC-4, John Carlyle wrote:
> OK, Dan, non-media facts related to criminal behavior: (1) Donald Trump has been convicted multiple times of breaking the law. (2) Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of breaking the law.
You must be a Spirit Cooking aficionado. Creepy.

November 5th 16, 07:55 PM
On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:34:34 PM UTC-4, John Carlyle wrote:
> OK, Dan, non-media facts related to criminal behavior: (1) Donald Trump has been convicted multiple times of breaking the law. (2) Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of breaking the law.
Which do you find more fun, soaring or spirit cooking? Not that I'm looking to try the latter.

Ramy[_2_]
November 5th 16, 11:43 PM
The "vote Trump everyone" blended so well with the attitude of this post I could see it coming before I read it.

Charlie Papa[_2_]
November 6th 16, 12:53 PM
On Saturday, 5 November 2016 19:44:00 UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
> The "vote Trump everyone" blended so well with the attitude of this post I could see it coming before I read it.

With apologies for bringing this back to the subject of Seminole Lake Gliderport (although, as a 'non-resident alien' I am gobsmacked by this current exercise in 'democracy'), I returned for my ~15th season as a Snowbird at SLG, and it is indeed thriving. The facilities have never looked better (Chapeau Karen), the newer faces are indeed wonderful additions, and the business seems to be increasing. As a private owner, I am a little remote from the instruction/rides aspect of the operation, but while rigging, I sure see a lot of tows launching.

If the ownership were to transfer to Romania, it heartens me that they would have a healthy business to sell to a US owner; the prospect of its continued operation only enhanced by its ongoing success.

And a doff of the hat to Rich Owen, who has temporary custody of the place. So y'all c'mon down and fly.

Dan Marotta
November 6th 16, 04:31 PM
Thank you for bringing it back to the intended subject. It's good to
hear that SLG is doing well. And who knows if the ownership reverted to
the Romanian government? They might take great joy in running it
themselves!

It was not my intent to get political but I just couldn't let a
particular statement go without response.

On 11/6/2016 5:53 AM, Charlie Papa wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 November 2016 19:44:00 UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
>> The "vote Trump everyone" blended so well with the attitude of this post I could see it coming before I read it.
> With apologies for bringing this back to the subject of Seminole Lake Gliderport (although, as a 'non-resident alien' I am gobsmacked by this current exercise in 'democracy'), I returned for my ~15th season as a Snowbird at SLG, and it is indeed thriving. The facilities have never looked better (Chapeau Karen), the newer faces are indeed wonderful additions, and the business seems to be increasing. As a private owner, I am a little remote from the instruction/rides aspect of the operation, but while rigging, I sure see a lot of tows launching.
>
> If the ownership were to transfer to Romania, it heartens me that they would have a healthy business to sell to a US owner; the prospect of its continued operation only enhanced by its ongoing success.
>
> And a doff of the hat to Rich Owen, who has temporary custody of the place. So y'all c'mon down and fly.

--
Dan, 5J

Google