PDA

View Full Version : IMI Wing Rigger for Sale

Casey[_2_]
July 22nd 16, 02:24 AM
Practically new. Does not fit my glider. Large size and 140 lb strut. Paid over $1200. Will Sell for best offer plus shipping.

Casey[_2_]
July 23rd 16, 01:55 PM
On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 9:24:37 PM UTC-4, Casey wrote:
> Practically new. Does not fit my glider. Large size and 140 lb strut. Paid over $1200. Will Sell for best offer plus shipping.

Since 95 people looked at add and no interest I'm refining. $900 obo plus shipping. 252-947-0279

Steve Koerner
July 23rd 16, 04:21 PM
Casey,

I think some of those viewers may have been confused by the title of your thread. IMI doesn't make a Wing Rigger. Wing Rigger is the trademark of a particular brand of sailplane solo assembly gear. Good luck selling the IMI unit.

July 23rd 16, 08:40 PM
Casey, what glider did you try using it on? You mention The wing assist unit is a larger size with a 150lb strut but I can't correlate that to the size of the glider. I have a Cirrus and am suspect it might not work for me either.

Thanks,

Robert

Dan Marotta
July 24th 16, 03:57 PM
Is THIS
<http://www.imi-gliding.com/products/one-man-rigging-system.html> what
you're talking about?

--
Dan, 5J

Casey[_2_]
July 24th 16, 04:06 PM
On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 3:40:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Casey, what glider did you try using it on? You mention The wing assist unit is a larger size with a 150lb strut but I can't correlate that to the size of the glider. I have a Cirrus and am suspect it might not work for me either.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

Robert.
Its the larger size for double seaters and supposedly can be used for other gliders as well. The strut can be changed. I ended up also purchasing a M&M wing rigger that fits perfect. I was sold this rigger new from a commercial supplier. If the cradle would have fit my glider I would have changed the strut. My glider is Grob Astir CS and has lower wing camber that is about the same as top and the cradle does not fit it.

Casey[_2_]
July 24th 16, 04:12 PM
On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 10:57:48 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Is THIS
> what you're talking about?
>

> On 7/23/2016 9:21 AM, Steve Koerner
> wrote:
>

> Casey,
>
> I think some of those viewers may have been confused by the title of your thread. IMI doesn't make a Wing Rigger. Wing Rigger is the trademark of a particular brand of sailplane solo assembly gear. Good luck selling the IMI unit.
>

> --
>
> Dan, 5J

Yes, IMI One Man Rigger. I did not realize that M&M Fabrication had a trademark name of Wing Rigger although I am familiar with them and have one. Personally I think its splitting hairs.

Casey[_2_]
July 24th 16, 04:14 PM
I guess what I will do is take the cradle with me and test on various gliders to see what ones it fits and re-list or just keep for my next glider.

July 24th 16, 04:48 PM
Not to make a big deal about it, but my company is NOT "M&M" Fabrication. It is simply "MM" Fabrication. Apparently, the "Candy Gene" takes over whenever two "M's" are in close proximity. Nearly 90% of my suppliers, customers and everybody I come in contact with immediately thinks "M&M. Gooood!"

I wish I could take advantage of the marketing without getting sued.

Steve Leonard[_2_]
July 24th 16, 05:06 PM
On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 10:48:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Not to make a big deal about it, but my company is NOT "M&M" Fabrication. It is simply "MM" Fabrication. Apparently, the "Candy Gene" takes over whenever two "M's" are in close proximity. Nearly 90% of my suppliers, customers and everybody I come in contact with immediately thinks "M&M. Gooood!"
>
> I wish I could take advantage of the marketing without getting sued.

Please don't split hairs, Mark. Nobody like hairs in the M&Ms. :-)

Happy owner of a MM Fabrication wing wheel for my FJ-1.
Steve Leonard
PN

Casey[_2_]
July 24th 16, 05:37 PM
On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 11:48:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Not to make a big deal about it, but my company is NOT "M&M" Fabrication. It is simply "MM" Fabrication. Apparently, the "Candy Gene" takes over whenever two "M's" are in close proximity. Nearly 90% of my suppliers, customers and everybody I come in contact with immediately thinks "M&M. Gooood!"
>
> I wish I could take advantage of the marketing without getting sued.

Sorry Mark. And what a fine product you make. I can not be happier with my Wing Rigger you sold me. With the slight adjustment tilt of the cradle (which I did not have to adjust) I'm able to rig my Grob Astir CS while the glider is in the cradle and at an angle on the fold down door of my trailer.. My understanding is that most owners of this glider must rig the glider after pulling completely out of the trailer and rigging on level ground.

BZ on making a quality product and checking the fit prior to sending to me.

Casey

Google