PDA

View Full Version : Youth grants (USA)

John H. Campbell
September 20th 03, 04:54 AM
Congratulations to young american glider pilots and their Club/FBO sponsors
who successfuly applied for SSA grants in 2003. Brad Towne of the Caesar
Creek Soaring Club won the Bultman award for his excellence as a ground crew
worker. Garrret Willat (mentor: Gary Ittner) and Mike Westbrook (mentor:
Sam Fly) scored contest grants. Dyno-Soarers in Joplin, MO recruited an
impressive young CAP lady, Anneka Fitzpatrick, with the help of a Cadet
grant.

Applications for the Kolstad award, SSA's signature recognition of youth
prowess through age 20, are due October 1 for presentation at the SSA
Convention. We found it hard to choose between top applications and made a
landmark 3 grants last year. We look forward to a similarly rich
application field this time. However, in an economy with ultra-low interest
rates, extra help would be welcome to meet the cost of disbursements from
the endowment. Thanks to those that responded to our Spring letter inviting
your creativity in Club/FBO youth fund-raising projects. Tax-deductible
donations designated for the Kolstad or other youth funds may be sent at any
time c/o SSA.

John H. Campbell
SSA Youth Committee

Google