PDA

View Full Version : ClearNav CNv public beta available

Tango Eight
November 22nd 16, 05:50 PM
At the usual place... http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html

The new feature set is described here http://tinyurl.com/zdz2jrq

Good Soaring and best regards,

Evan Ludeman for CNi

Sean[_2_]
November 22nd 16, 07:17 PM
How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.

November 22nd 16, 10:28 PM
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:17:01 PM UTC-5, Sean wrote:
> How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.

Usually it stays Beta until tested by a group of us that act as test dummies.
Some revisions do have problems that need feedback and fixing. This commonly gets done pretty quickly when issues are fed back.
I'd suggest looking at the feature improvements and deciding if you think they will be useful.
Note- you can always go back to the earlier version you have if there is a real problem. Keep the earlier version on a spare update stick.
Obviously test before race day. We do this at Perry almost every year.
Good luck
UH

Sean[_2_]
November 22nd 16, 11:12 PM
Thanks UH.

Tango Eight
November 23rd 16, 12:46 AM
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:17:01 PM UTC-5, Sean wrote:
> How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.

This beta has been quite well tested already, no issues, and should be designated as a regular release soon. We would recommend you fly with 3.5.4155 as long as you have a chance to configure and test well ahead of time.

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

John Cochrane[_3_]
November 23rd 16, 06:33 AM
I'm seeing flarm targets but all the tail numbers are wrong. Is anyone else gauging this problem with
Cn flarm display?
John cochrane.

Tango Eight
November 23rd 16, 12:06 PM
On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 1:33:24 AM UTC-5, John Cochrane wrote:
> I'm seeing flarm targets but all the tail numbers are wrong. Is anyone else gauging this problem with
> Cn flarm display?
> John cochrane.

Hi John,

You're saying the tac flarm display tail numbers are wrong on CN2?

The reason is almost certainly that CN2 is displaying the last 2 digits of the flarm radio ID. And the reason for that is the flarm being received isn't in the flarmnet database you have loaded, in which case CN2 falls back to the radio ID.

On at least on one occasion, I am about 85% certain the database I d/l'ed from flarmnet was corrupted. They (flarm, flarmnet, et al) don't make this stuff easy to check on the ground....

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

John Cochrane[_3_]
November 24th 16, 12:35 AM
Evan:
Thanks. I didn't know about the tail number issue. Likely most of the gliders around williams were not in flarmnet which would explain it. I'll get out with a known good flarm and see if I get a good tail number. Look forward to the beta. CN/CNV working really nicely in weak wave on our last flight. But someday I hope to nudge you guys to putting in the wind-based mac cready corrections..
John

Google