June 25th 16, 11:55 PM

john szalay
June 26th 16, 09:09 PM
DAN > wrote in news:pa60nbt1hnj6smnoib2q9gb7dg91odovk2@
4ax.com:

> 3 props feathered and gear up?
> Yikes...

to quote:

"We had excess speed for safety & we had several menbers of the crew up
front, looking at the 'audience', so several pairs of hands went for the
No1 unfeather button & we caried on as normal."

Miloch
June 26th 16, 09:47 PM
In article >, DAN says...

>3 props feathered and gear up?
>Yikes...

Pic is from
http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/325/Lower-than-a-Snakes-Belly-in-a-Wagon-R.aspx

The caption reads:

"Thought two feathered engines on the same side was impressive for low level
flight? How about three feathered and 20 feet below? This Avro Lancaster appears
to be post war with the nose turret de-actvated and a dome in the dorsal
position. This is a very foolish maneouvre.The aircraft can't be flown on a
single engine. It's done by a dive, a high speed pass and a zoom climb at the
far end of the runway with a mad scramble to unfeather. The situation gets
serious if the first unfeathering knocks the generator on the good engine off
line, leaving only battery power. Photo via Blake Reid

I guess crew was showing off...

<<shudder>>

*

Google