PDA

View Full Version : Fire today

Savageduck[_3_]
June 28th 16, 02:36 AM
We have a 75 acre fire burning about 4 miles South of us and there has
been helicopter traffic passing over my house every 15-20 minutes
making the circuit between the local lake and the fire. There are also
three fire attack tankers flying missions out of Paso Robles Air Attack
base. With temps up at 109ºF/42.7ºC things have ot been comfortable
this afternoon.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Miloch
June 28th 16, 03:00 AM
In article <2016062718360854666-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck says...

>We have a 75 acre fire burning about 4 miles South of us and there has
>been helicopter traffic passing over my house every 15-20 minutes
>making the circuit between the local lake and the fire. There are also
>three fire attack tankers flying missions out of Paso Robles Air Attack
>base. With temps up at 109ºF/42.7ºC things have ot been comfortable
>this afternoon.

I live in Marin County and see CalFire planes alot! The attached pic is from
their Santa Rosa location.

Because of the drought, I haven't watered my front yard for two years! It's a
wreck! Some of my neighbors yanked out their lawns/plants and put in redwood
compost.

We normally won't see any rain 'til Nov (todays hi was 102° in my backyard)...I
expect lots of fires and lots of CalFire planes flying overhead.

*

Savageduck[_3_]
June 28th 16, 03:13 AM
On 2016-06-27 19:00:20 -0700, Miloch > said:

> In article <2016062718360854666-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
> Savageduck says...
>>
>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>> We have a 75 acre fire burning about 4 miles South of us and there has
>> been helicopter traffic passing over my house every 15-20 minutes
>> making the circuit between the local lake and the fire. There are also
>> three fire attack tankers flying missions out of Paso Robles Air Attack
>> base. With temps up at 109ºF/42.7ºC things have ot been comfortable
>> this afternoon.
>

> I live in Marin County and see CalFire planes alot! The attached pic is from
> their Santa Rosa location.

We get quite a lot of CalFire traffic around here especially with the
Big Sur and Los Padres fires in recent years. Today's fire was a
little closer to home. I live near Lake Nacimiento about 13 miles West
of Paso Robles in San Luis Obispo County. CHP closed the only road into
town this afternoon, only opening one lane for escorted traffic about
45 minutes ago.

> Because of the drought, I haven't watered my front yard for two years! It's a
> wreck! Some of my neighbors yanked out their lawns/plants and put in redwood
> compost.

Yup my entire yard is pretty much a xeriscape, no lawn, just crushed
stone with succulents and fire resistant plants.

> We normally won't see any rain 'til Nov (todays hi was 102° in my backyard)...I
> expect lots of fires and lots of CalFire planes flying overhead.

As I said, we hit 109ºF and it is 103ºF as I type this.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Google