PDA

View Full Version : Help with serious Glider Registration Problem

November 11th 03, 06:16 PM
Without going into the story here, I need someone (perhaps an attorney) who
can assist me with a glider registration problem I'm having with the FAA. I
feel there may be a simple solution to my problem but it's beyond me at the
moment.

If you are, or know, someone well versersed in these matters, I would
appreciate you contacting me via email at I'm
in the Atlanta area.

Thanks,
Chet

--------------

JJ Sinclair
November 11th 03, 09:42 PM
Chet,
Why don't you tell us your problem. Many of us have found ways to deal with the
Federallies, over the years. They can make a firm stand on things, but
knowledge of how other FSDO's have delt with similar issues can sometimes win
them over.
JJ Sinclair

Judy Ruprecht
November 11th 03, 11:22 PM
At 21:54 11 November 2003, Jj Sinclair wrote:
>Chet,
>Why don't you tell us your problem. Many of us have
>found >ways to deal with theFederallies, over the years.
>They can >make a firm stand on things, but knowledge
>of how other >FSDO's have delt with similar issues can
>sometimes win
>them over.
>JJ Sinclair

Your heart's in the right place, JJ, but registration
issues per se aren't typically dealt with by FSDO offices.
They're handled through OKC. The stickiest wicket I
can think of would be buying a glider without clear
title or - in the case of a used foreign import - without
a 'deregistration' statement from the country of export...
and then finding out you don't own the glider, after
all. (The FAA website has a plethora of information
on proper procedures. In some cases where these aren't
followed, yup/youbetcha, you'd need a lawyer!)

Judy

November 12th 03, 12:24 AM
It's not a big secret, just a long story which need not be posted here. I'm
sure I will resolve the issue.

Thanks for all who sent me an email and I look forward to any other
suggestions.

"JJ Sinclair" > wrote in message
> Chet,
> Why don't you tell us your problem. Many of us have found ways to deal
with the
> Federallies, over the years. They can make a firm stand on things, but
> knowledge of how other FSDO's have delt with similar issues can sometimes
win
> them over.
> JJ Sinclair

JJ Sinclair
November 12th 03, 03:03 AM
Hi Judy
A few years back, I bought a damaged glider in Canada. Tried to regester it
only to find out the Canadian club had informed Transport Canada (their FAA)
that the ship was totally destroyed and they de-regestered it. A note to
Transport Canada requesting that they inform our FAA that the ship wasn't
distroyed afetr all and had been exported to the US (old JJ in California) Had
my US registration long before the ship was repaired.
Where there's a will, there's a way.
JJ Sinclair

Nyal Williams
November 12th 03, 04:01 PM
At 00:36 12 November 2003, wrote:
>It's not a big secret, just a long story which need
>not be posted here. I'm
>sure I will resolve the issue.
>
>Thanks for all who sent me an email and I look forward
>to any other
>suggestions.

Sam Zimmerman has traded in used gliders from Europe;
he might give you the best advice.

>'JJ Sinclair' wrote in message
>> Chet,
>> Why don't you tell us your problem. Many of us have
>>found ways to deal
>with the
>> Federallies, over the years. They can make a firm
>>stand on things, but
>> knowledge of how other FSDO's have delt with similar
>>issues can sometimes
>win
>> them over.
>> JJ Sinclair