PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bay Soaring in Maryland

February 16th 17, 04:30 PM
On Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 6:53:24 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Does anyone have any information on what happened to the old Bay Soaring out of Woodbine, Md, and the owner, Gerry Gaudet? In 1997 they relocated to Ridgely airport on the eastern shore. After that they seemed to fade away. I flew out of there in the early 1980s and have always wondered what happened. Thank you.

In the late 90's, there was a glider crash at Bay Soaring resulting in the death of the passenger. I can't recall the NTSB findings but it was shortly thereafter that Bay Soaring vaporized. Additionally, the owner, Gerry Guadet, was heavily invested in various risky (i.e. sketchy) business ventures in the emerging eastern European area. He owed a lot of money to a lot of people.

I can only assume that the legal entanglements of the Bay Soaring crash plus the personal financial losses stemming from his losing business venture possibly was his undoing.

Google