PDA

View Full Version : Life insurance

DJA
November 20th 03, 04:41 AM
I plan to get back into soaring this spring after several years out of the
cockpit. Problem is my current insurance company is acting like I've
decided to do something dangerous!

When I first mentioned this to the insurance folks the line got quite and
I was told my premium would go through the roof. When I reminded them that
they covered me while I was flying for the DOD, the concession was a
temporary draconian rate until I log like 70 hours and become current.

Anyway, would sure appreciate to hear any suggestions where I can take my
term life business.

Dan in Dallas ...

My current life insurance provider seems to think flying a glider is more
dangerous then flying for the DOD. By that

Shaber CJ
November 20th 03, 04:31 PM
>Anyway, would sure appreciate to hear any suggestions where I can take my
>term life business.

I decided not to get life insurance as if I die I want it to be a real tragedy

ADP
November 20th 03, 05:37 PM
Try Southland Life of Texas.
I have a policy from them which does not exclude flying - even commercial
flying.

Allan

"DJA" > wrote in message
> I plan to get back into soaring this spring after several years out of the
> cockpit. Problem is my current insurance company is acting like I've
> decided to do something dangerous!
>
> When I first mentioned this to the insurance folks the line got quite and
> I was told my premium would go through the roof. When I reminded them that
> they covered me while I was flying for the DOD, the concession was a
> temporary draconian rate until I log like 70 hours and become current.
>
> Anyway, would sure appreciate to hear any suggestions where I can take my
.....Snip....

MKEENE221
November 21st 03, 06:01 AM
Try AOPA.

John Gilbert
November 25th 03, 08:25 AM
(MKEENE221) wrote in message >...
> Try AOPA.

Pleeeze. AOPA rates were very high when I looked earlier this year.

Try www.piclife.com. Rates were cheaper than my open term policy at
work, but unlike that policy covers my flying. Get a quote online in a
day or so. I don't own or work for them, but will be a customer as of
this flying season.

John

Google