PDA

View Full Version : Is OLC Broken Again?

Dan Marotta
May 6th 17, 03:09 PM
Try as I might, I can't log on. Nor can I see the list of competitors
to see if I still exist.

--
Dan, 5J

JS
May 6th 17, 03:15 PM
On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 7:09:15 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Try as I might, I can't log on. Nor can I see the list of competitors
> to see if I still exist.
>

> --
> Dan, 5J

Look on facebook. If it isn't there it doesn't exist.
107.61 points for you yesterday, with or without facebook.
Jim

Dan Marotta
May 6th 17, 03:28 PM
Facebook - what's that?

I know what I did(n't) do yesterday. I want to take a close look on
Tony's downwind dash, but all I can get is OLC's crappy basic map.
That's not of much use.

Can you log on to OLC or is it just my account again?

Dan

--
Dan, 5J

Eric Bick (ZN7)
May 6th 17, 04:23 PM
On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 8:28:40 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Facebook - what's that?
>
> I know what I did(n't) do yesterday. I want to take a close look on
> Tony's downwind dash, but all I can get is OLC's crappy basic map.
> That's not of much use.
>
> Can you log on to OLC or is it just my account again?
>
> Dan
>
> On 5/6/2017 8:15 AM, JS wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 7:09:15 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
> >> Try as I might, I can't log on. Nor can I see the list of competitors
> >> to see if I still exist.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Dan, 5J
> > Look on facebook. If it isn't there it doesn't exist.
> > 107.61 points for you yesterday, with or without facebook.
> > Jim
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

Working fine for me, Dan
Eric

Dan Daly[_2_]
May 6th 17, 04:39 PM
On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 11:23:04 AM UTC-4, Eric Bick (ZN7) wrote:
> On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 8:28:40 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
> > Facebook - what's that?
> >
> > I know what I did(n't) do yesterday. I want to take a close look on
> > Tony's downwind dash, but all I can get is OLC's crappy basic map.
> > That's not of much use.
> >
> > Can you log on to OLC or is it just my account again?
> >
> > Dan

> > > Look on facebook. If it isn't there it doesn't exist.
> > > 107.61 points for you yesterday, with or without facebook.
> > > Jim
> >
> > --
> > Dan, 5J
>
> Working fine for me, Dan
> Eric

Me too

Dan Marotta
May 7th 17, 02:55 AM
Still won't let me log on. I'll try again in the morning and if, as I
expect, it still doesn't work, I'll start complaining to their tech support.

--
Dan, 5J

AS
May 7th 17, 03:05 AM
On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 9:55:24 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Still won't let me log on. I'll try again in the morning and if, as I
> expect, it still doesn't work, I'll start complaining to their tech support.
>
> On 5/6/2017 9:39 AM, Dan Daly wrote:

> >> Working fine for me, Dan
> >> Eric
> > Me too
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

Works just fine for me. No problems getting on.
Uli
AS

May 7th 17, 03:20 AM
And they seem to have fixed the problem of being stuck on 22 Apr. For the last 4 or 5 days it has worked fine for me.

David

Dan Marotta
May 7th 17, 03:17 PM
I guess they just don't like earthlink email addresses, or gmail, or
yahoo...

--
Dan, 5J

May 7th 17, 03:34 PM
Dan, why bother and log on? I don't think I have logged on ever. I just view it and use direct claim. Are you having problems using direct claim? There, you are just using your birthdate and name no email. Also after you claim they send an email to what they are using for you.

Dan Marotta
May 7th 17, 04:15 PM
I can do that, Cliff. But I really wanted to look at Tony's downwind
dash on one of the advanced maps where you can actually move around,
zoom in, look at the terrain, etc., not the crappy default map. I
suppose I could download the igc file, but igc viewer doesn't work any
more, does it? Or I could post it to Skylines, view it, and then delete it.

But, since I paid to get a smiley face, I should be able to log on,
shouldn't I? No more money to OLC...

Dan

On 5/7/2017 8:34 AM, wrote:
> Dan, why bother and log on? I don't think I have logged on ever. I just view it and use direct claim. Are you having problems using direct claim? There, you are just using your birthdate and name no email. Also after you claim they send an email to what they are using for you.

--
Dan, 5J

WAVEGURU
May 7th 17, 06:47 PM
I started getting a message that OLC had an unsecured connection and had to tell my browser to ignore that to log on. Maybe that's your problem? It's been working for me just fine after I did that fix...

Boggs

Dan Marotta
May 8th 17, 04:39 AM
I haven't gotten any such messages. Can you provide any advice on how
to proceed on that basis?

--
Dan, 5J

Dan Marotta
May 9th 17, 01:09 AM
My log in works again...

--
Dan, 5J

May 9th 17, 01:37 PM
Download the OLC flight to your desktop and upload it to Glideport.aero.
A 'much' better way to look at and analyze a flight or several flights simultaneously ....

Bob 7U

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 11:15:42 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> I can do that, Cliff. But I really wanted to look at Tony's downwind
> dash on one of the advanced maps where you can actually move around,
> zoom in, look at the terrain, etc., not the crappy default map. I
> suppose I could download the igc file, but igc viewer doesn't work any
> more, does it? Or I could post it to Skylines, view it, and then delete it.
>
> But, since I paid to get a smiley face, I should be able to log on,
> shouldn't I? No more money to OLC...
>
> Dan
>
> On 5/7/2017 8:34 AM, wrote:
> > Dan, why bother and log on? I don't think I have logged on ever. I just view it and use direct claim. Are you having problems using direct claim? There, you are just using your birthdate and name no email. Also after you claim they send an email to what they are using for you.
>
> --
> Dan, 5J

Dan Marotta
May 9th 17, 03:11 PM
Thanks Bob.

I use Skylines.aero for analysis and as an easy to transcribe my flight
to my logbook. BTW, this morning I got a password reset email from OLC
buy, since my account is working again, I'll see if it works next week
when my login fails again.

--
Dan, 5J

May 9th 17, 05:37 PM
Another alternative to sharing your flight is:

http://www.crosscountry.aero

Google