PDA

View Full Version : Oudie IGC spurious RF emissions

Evan Dosik
June 25th 17, 04:37 PM
My Oudie IGC will too often break the squelch with a hideous noise on both my panel radio (an old Dittel) and also most any handheld that comes within about 12" of the Oudie.
Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Evan
6E

Echo
June 25th 17, 04:39 PM
Actually...my oudie2 is connected to my 302...and as of yesterday at powerup my 302 makes an awful loud noise with no other issues. Related?

Jordan

Karl Kunz[_2_]
June 25th 17, 04:45 PM
Do you have your Oudie connected to a USB charger? Some USB charging units are notorious for generating RF interference.

Evan Dosik
June 25th 17, 04:50 PM
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 11:39:20 AM UTC-4, Echo wrote:
> Actually...my oudie2 is connected to my 302...and as of yesterday at powerup my 302 makes an awful loud noise with no other issues. Related?
>
> Jordan

Possibly? Kind of hard to describe my noise. Sort of a loud, constant "honking" or droning. Mixed mid frequency, not a high pitched squeal. At first I thought a local power plane had a stuck mic.

Evan Dosik
June 25th 17, 04:51 PM
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 11:45:07 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
> Do you have your Oudie connected to a USB charger? Some USB charging units are notorious for generating RF interference.

No Karl, I'm on the internal battery.

Thanks

Scott Williams
June 25th 17, 04:58 PM
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 10:37:19 AM UTC-5, Evan Dosik wrote:
> My Oudie IGC will too often break the squelch with a hideous noise on both my panel radio (an old Dittel) and also most any handheld that comes within about 12" of the Oudie.
> Anyone else seeing this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Evan
> 6E

I've been flying with a Oudie IGC, SV-7, Dittle/Funke Fsg-2T And have not had any rf interference. I'm using an air data cable from Cumulus, and running on the Oudie internal battery.
good luck,
Scott.

Google