PDA

View Full Version : SeeYou questions

June 27th 17, 05:38 PM
New to SeeYou. Do not want to load worldwide databases. Want to "load" so SeeYou allows flight management in only specific US contest sites.

In SeeYou architecture, is it possible to create contest site specific sub-folders which “house" waypoint and airspace information? If yes, please discuss.

or

Are all waypoints lumped together in a waypoint file and all airspace info lumped together in an airspace file?

Thanks for your help.

Darryl Ramm
June 27th 17, 06:13 PM
On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 9:38:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> New to SeeYou. Do not want to load worldwide databases. Want to "load" so SeeYou allows flight management in only specific US contest sites.
>
> In SeeYou architecture, is it possible to create contest site specific sub-folders which “house" waypoint and airspace information? If yes, please discuss.
>
> or
>
> Are all waypoints lumped together in a waypoint file and all airspace info lumped together in an airspace file?
>
> Thanks for your help.

I'm guessing you mean SeeYou Mobile not SeeYou.

In general just download the local waypoint file you want from Soaring Turnpoint Exchange in CUP format and install. You don't install any of the other waypoints. You can install via SeeYou or just copy the CUP file to the PDA/Oudie.

The documentation fro SeeYou Mobile is not bad, with this stuff you have to have a good read through the documentation. You can read about multiple waypoint files and making one active in the SeeYou Mobile user guide. My advice is don't use multiple files, KISS while getting started.

And if totally new to this stuff consider getting a copy of Condor Simulator and use that to play with SeeYou Mobile. The skill in using SeeYou Mobile well IMNSHO is working out how to turn off the 70% of stuff you don't need, and being damn sure you understand what the software is doing and know how to use the 30% you do.

George Haeh
June 27th 17, 10:01 PM
The waypoint files I see for my area seem to be .hnd

Any hints on how to convert that to .cup for a Seeyou Mobile user.?

Darryl Ramm
June 27th 17, 10:54 PM
On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 2:15:06 PM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
> The waypoint files I see for my area seem to be .hnd
>
> Any hints on how to convert that to .cup for a SeeYou Mobile user.?

I have no idea which area you fly in, or what a .hnd file is (other than an astronomy database format). Ask the people developing it what it is and why they use that format.

Get whoever is developing these files to use the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange and let it deal with format conversion. A soaring turnpoint file should be hand checked, have comments added, be massaged etc. and the Soaring Turnpoint .STX format files is really the place to do that.

Otherwise many people working with private turnpoint sets will use SeeYou and work natively in CUP and use it to save out different file formats.

Google