PDA

View Full Version : LX Question

Bob Caldwell (BC)
July 12th 17, 06:27 PM
Hi Pilots,

I am looking for some understanding about an issue with my relatively new LX 9000. I have the map settings to be Track Up in cruise and North Up while circling just like I have done with previous instruments. The problem I am experiencing is that when pulling out of a circle and going to cruise the little glider symbol does not align with the course line. It is variable, sometimes pointing off as much as 30 degrees. The course line still points straight up but the glider symbol is heading off in some other direction.. I haven't been able to find a setting for adjusting this.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Bob

Scott Williams
July 12th 17, 10:56 PM
Hey Bob,
A few years ago I was flying with a filser dx50 (grandpa to the LXs)
I remember the glider icon doing what you describe, I never gave it any thought, it is just an icon on a screen.
Good Lift,
Scott

Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
July 13th 17, 01:32 AM
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 2:56:59 PM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
> Hey Bob,
> A few years ago I was flying with a filser dx50 (grandpa to the LXs)
> I remember the glider icon doing what you describe, I never gave it any thought, it is just an icon on a screen.
> Good Lift,
> Scott

Scott,

Totally different instrument, totally different company.

LXNAV has nothing to do with filser.

Richard,

July 13th 17, 08:41 AM
If you want the glider symbol to always point up you need a heading up option. I use goal up in the cruise so that the direction from current position to the next waypoint is up.

July 13th 17, 10:24 AM
The problem I am experiencing is that when pulling out of a circle and going to cruise the little glider symbol does not align with the course line. It is variable, sometimes pointing off as much as 30 degrees. The course line still points straight up but the glider symbol is heading off in some other direction.

>This angle is showing the wind. The plane symbol should be showing the real heading of the glider. The course line is the ground track.

Bob Caldwell (BC)
July 13th 17, 03:42 PM
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:24:11 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> The problem I am experiencing is that when pulling out of a circle and going to cruise the little glider symbol does not align with the course line. It is variable, sometimes pointing off as much as 30 degrees. The course line still points straight up but the glider symbol is heading off in some other direction.
>
> >This angle is showing the wind. The plane symbol should be showing the real heading of the glider. The course line is the ground track.

Wow, I hadn't thought about the wind and the crab angle. I will check that out. Thanks for the input.

Google