PDA

View Full Version : Final Day (12) 13.5 WGC US Pilots

July 15th 17, 01:17 PM
2 Hour area task with Storms moving through the area for Francois and Tony:
http://wgc2017.hu/sites/default/files/task12b.pdf
Track them on 2 sites:
http://live.glidernet.org/#c=46.32105,20.34176&z=9&s=1
http://glidertracker.de/#tsk=http://www.prosoar.de/tasks/2p935zopdp1/temp/646546/xcsoar

Tony[_5_]
July 15th 17, 02:07 PM
Another distance day. I was able to surf the upwind side of the rain and made the second area. Banquet might start late tonight!

Mike C
July 15th 17, 05:31 PM
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 7:07:25 AM UTC-6, Tony wrote:
> Another distance day. I was able to surf the upwind side of the rain and made the second area. Banquet might start late tonight!

Tony,

Congrats to you and Francois for being the top of the Silent class.

Mike

Sean Fidler
July 15th 17, 06:09 PM
Well done boys. Excellent job in a difficult class both in terms of the competiton and the performance of some brand new state of the art new sailplanes. We need to get you upgraded ships!

Garrett McEwen
July 15th 17, 07:12 PM
Great work guys. I've been following these posts and the trackers each day.

JS
July 15th 17, 07:28 PM
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:12:27 AM UTC-7, Garrett McEwen wrote:
> Great work guys. I've been following these posts and the trackers each day.

Beating Sebastian Kawa, winning Day 8 must have been a blast.
Jim

July 15th 17, 09:15 PM
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 2:28:50 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
> On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:12:27 AM UTC-7, Garrett McEwen wrote:
> > Great work guys. I've been following these posts and the trackers each day.
>
> Beating Sebastian Kawa, winning Day 8 must have been a blast.
> Jim

Well done Tony and Francois!!

Juanman[_2_]
July 16th 17, 02:07 AM
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:15:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 2:28:50 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:12:27 AM UTC-7, Garrett McEwen wrote:
> > > Great work guys. I've been following these posts and the trackers each day.
> >
> > Beating Sebastian Kawa, winning Day 8 must have been a blast.
> > Jim
>
> Well done Tony and Francois!!

Good work!

Kawa won the championship by three points after sustaining an airspace violation on the last day (Hungarian border?). If Uli Schwenk had flown 2 or 3 km more he would have won!

Tony[_5_]
July 16th 17, 09:11 AM
Thanks everyone. Waiting for Vladas' file to be scored and hypothesising about the result was certainly thrilling. It was a very enjoyable contest on many levels. Hopefully in the next week or so I can get it down in writing.

July 16th 17, 03:06 PM
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:11:17 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> Thanks everyone. Waiting for Vladas' file to be scored and hypothesising about the result was certainly thrilling. It was a very enjoyable contest on many levels. Hopefully in the next week or so I can get it down in writing.

Well done Tony an Francois!

Kevin
92

Google