PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ely

Eric Greenwell[_4_]
July 22nd 17, 09:21 PM
Dan Mockler wrote on 7/9/2017 8:31 AM:
> I just returned from a week in Ely and I wanted to report on the weather,
> facilities and such.
>
> The weather while not epic was phenomenal.
> I managed 5000 kilometer in seven days, two of which were considered 1\2
> days.
>
> The towplane was exceptional and pilot a pro. I had complete confidence at
> all
> times.
>
> I was reacquianted with people I had not seen in decades and meet many
> people for the first time. All said, a great group.
> All worked together to pull off smooth operations, which worked.
>
> Bottom line, a class act, great facilities, and an excellent operation.
>
> Already looking forward to next year!
>
> Dan Mockler
> 3M

Jan and I plan to be there. Please bring your soldering iron!

https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications/download-the-guide-1

http://soaringsafety.org/prevention/Guide-to-transponders-in-sailplanes-2014A.pdf

2G
July 27th 17, 04:07 AM
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 1:21:22 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
> Dan Mockler wrote on 7/9/2017 8:31 AM:
> > I just returned from a week in Ely and I wanted to report on the weather,
> > facilities and such.
> >
> > The weather while not epic was phenomenal.
> > I managed 5000 kilometer in seven days, two of which were considered 1\2
> > days.
> >
> > The towplane was exceptional and pilot a pro. I had complete confidence at
> > all
> > times.
> >
> > I was reacquianted with people I had not seen in decades and meet many
> > people for the first time. All said, a great group.
> > All worked together to pull off smooth operations, which worked.
> >
> > Bottom line, a class act, great facilities, and an excellent operation.
> >
> > Already looking forward to next year!
> >
> > Dan Mockler
> > 3M
>
> Jan and I plan to be there. Please bring your soldering iron!
>

> --
> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email me)
> - "A Guide to Self-Launching Sailplane Operation"
> https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications/download-the-guide-1
> - "Transponders in Sailplanes - Dec 2014a" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
>
> http://soaringsafety.org/prevention/Guide-to-transponders-in-sailplanes-2014A.pdf

Anyone going to Ely and expecting a tow should know beforehand that the Ely Jet Center no longer provides tows. Towplanes and pilots are brought in by private parties.

Tom

Google