PDA

View Full Version : JWGC Finally contest day 2 - US Pilots

August 4th 17, 09:32 AM
Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

AS
August 4th 17, 12:09 PM
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:32:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
> http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

The life tracking is superb - well done!
Uli
'AS'

August 4th 17, 12:31 PM
Agreed --

The Live Tracking software works really well, with pictures of the pilots
and course / speed information

Really nice job

AE

August 4th 17, 03:27 PM
Scores are coming on line:
http://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/jwgc2017/results/club/task-2-on-2017-08-04/daily

AS
August 4th 17, 03:35 PM
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 7:31:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Agreed --
>
> The Live Tracking software works really well, with pictures of the pilots
> and course / speed information
>
> Really nice job
>
> AE

Dang - it is working too well! I won't get any work done this morning! ;-)

August 4th 17, 04:04 PM
Alright !!

Check the day scores and the totals

The US team is right up there near the top after two
days.....

Keep up the good flying

AE

Martin Gregorie[_5_]
August 4th 17, 04:12 PM
On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 07:35:56 -0700, AS wrote:

> On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 7:31:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Agreed --
>>
>> The Live Tracking software works really well, with pictures of the
>> pilots and course / speed information
>>
>> Really nice job
>>
>> AE
>
> Dang - it is working too well! I won't get any work done this morning!
> ;-)

Its got some problems with tagging gliders on the map. At one point I
could see four widely separated Standard Class gliders all with an FL
tag.

One was AA (Kevin Kaer Andersen) while he was flying back home. This was
an obvious mistake because hovering the mouse over one of the FL icons on
the map lit up his AA entry on the pilots list. Since landing, his map
icon has changed to AA.

So, will be a very nice tracking system once testing is finished and the
bugs squashed.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

WB
August 4th 17, 04:45 PM
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 3:32:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
> http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

Outstanding performance by the U.S. Team! Well done guys!

Looks like Daniel, J.P. and Noah have got this team flying thing well in hand.

That tracking setup is the best I've seen so far. It was actually exciting to watch.

August 4th 17, 06:20 PM
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:32:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Back in business today. 257km racing task for our guys in the Club Class. 1st launch expected 12:00 noon local time in Pocuinai. Track them:
> http://jwgc.onglide.com/current-day.xml?class=club

An Extraordinary job by some Extraordinary pilots - and they are really nice :)

Well done!!

WH

Tony[_5_]
August 5th 17, 12:47 AM
Guys did a great job!

Sean Fidler
August 5th 17, 04:05 AM
Fantastic. I am highly impressed! Staying together in those conditions and essentially winning the day (2,3,4) is a sign of the potential these guys have...

Andy Blackburn[_3_]
August 5th 17, 05:39 AM
Nice work guys! Very impressive team flying!

9B

August 5th 17, 06:31 AM
#JWGC US Team member Daniel Sahzin's report on Contest day 2
http://ussoaringteams.org/team-updates-from-daniel-sazhin/

Google