PDA

View Full Version : 2017 18m Nats - Weather Board info posted - today Wed 8-9

WaltWX[_2_]
August 9th 17, 03:53 PM
I posted the hrrrx model thermal heights map from the 12Z run at:

http://bit.ly/UvaldeNats17_WeatherBoard

Look into the HRRR folders for Wednesday

Low top CB and light showers developing again just east of UVA to SAT area... then an outlflow boundary killing lift after 5-6pm. Not as pervasive as yesterday... but there nonetheless.

Also look at the forecast radar composite reflectivity in another HRRRX folder.

Overall... a little less coverage shower activity.

Look at the model soundings for UVA. They show max 5.5-6k msl thermal heights and cu cloud bases for the hrrr. The nam 3km model looks a little better... much less showers and cu bases/thermal heights 6.5-7k msl.

Walt Rogers WX

WaltWX[_2_]
August 11th 17, 01:16 AM
Updated weather board for Thu 8-10-17... FINAL DAY.

Shows HRRR model forecasts used before launch to view sea breeze front. Also GOES-16 (0.5km) and GOES-14 (1km operational imagery) for the last day.

Walt WX

Sean Fidler
August 14th 17, 06:09 PM
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 8:16:54 PM UTC-4, WaltWX wrote:
> Updated weather board for Thu 8-10-17... FINAL DAY.
>
> Shows HRRR model forecasts used before launch to view sea breeze front. Also GOES-16 (0.5km) and GOES-14 (1km operational imagery) for the last day.
>
> Walt WX

Walt,

Huge thanks for this and all the weather support you provide!

Sean

Google