PDA

View Full Version : iPad suction cup mount?

Jonathan St. Cloud
August 18th 17, 04:14 PM
Can anyone recommend an iPad mini suction cup mount?

JS[_5_]
August 18th 17, 04:31 PM
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 8:14:21 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an iPad mini suction cup mount?

I'd suggest a RAM ball and arm mount. They make "roller mounts" for all the tablets, which are excellent.
Tried the supplied suction mount with an Oudie. Launched from Tehachapi (4200') but the mount fell off before Glass Mountain around 17000' and would not reattach.
Jim

Dan Marotta
August 18th 17, 05:55 PM
On 8/18/2017 9:31 AM, JS wrote:
> On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 8:14:21 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend an iPad mini suction cup mount?
> I'd suggest a RAM ball and arm mount. They make "roller mounts" for all the tablets, which are excellent.
> Tried the supplied suction mount with an Oudie. Launched from Tehachapi (4200') but the mount fell off before Glass Mountain around 17000' and would not reattach.
> Jim
Agreed. A RAM ball can be attached to the side of the glare shield or
to the face of the panel with just two screws and nuts. I recently
relocated my RAM mounts to the sides of the glare shield and use short
arms to hold a ClearNav on the left side and a Dell Streak 5 on the
right. None of the instruments are blocked this way. Of course, with
the smaller panel in a single seater, you may have to get creative. In
my LAK-17a there was plenty of room on the sides of the panel to attach
the mounts.
--
Dan, 5J

Google