PDA

View Full Version : Cobra wing wheel cradle

Tom Kelley #711
September 1st 17, 08:15 PM
When at Uvalde, my small shock absorber broke off right at the end which caused the wheel wheel to collapse. It happen while pushing out onto the grid. It did cause a problem and something I never gave any thought to which might break.

There was maybe a thread and a half left which held on to the fitting allowing the wing wheel cradle barely work.

Went shopping and found these on Amazon. They just arrived and threaded on to the old fittings and are the right length.

Apexstone 250N/56lb Gas Struts,Gas Springs,Gas Strut,Lift Support,Gas Shocks,Lid Stay,Lid Support,Set of 2.

Best, Tom #711.

September 2nd 17, 03:25 AM
So buy a better wing wheel. (www.mmfabrication.com)

Shameless plug. No apologies. Free checkrides at Marfa.

September 2nd 17, 04:56 AM
Mocho, you shameless hussie! :) lol "free check rides at Marfa"

September 2nd 17, 04:18 PM
Cliff- You need a new wing wheel also. Yours looks like it was discarded by a homeless person.

JS[_5_]
September 2nd 17, 04:58 PM
On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 8:18:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Cliff- You need a new wing wheel also. Yours looks like it was discarded by a homeless person.

Tom points out that we don't pre-flight this stuff as much as we should.
Mark, the worst one I've seen made many people cringe - or even adjust as it was in motion - at Nephi last year. Looked like its mission was to destroy an aileron.
Also saw a broken tail tow bar at Uvalde, where John Murray gave a talk on maintaining things other than the airframe.
Jim

Google