PDA

View Full Version : Condon does it again

MNLou
September 6th 17, 12:10 AM
Tony Condon drove up to Ames IA (from Wichita, KS) to attempt a downwind dash.

He appears to have landed at Madisonville Muni in KY after about a 7 hour flight!

Looks like about 750 km +/- = Wow!

Lou

September 6th 17, 01:39 AM
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 7:10:33 PM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
> Tony Condon drove up to Ames IA (from Wichita, KS) to attempt a downwind dash.
>
> He appears to have landed at Madisonville Muni in KY after about a 7 hour flight!
>
> Looks like about 750 km +/- = Wow!
>
> Lou

I call him Tony Condor, he's half bird.
Glen

Tony[_5_]
September 6th 17, 06:17 AM
Thanks guys it was fun.

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=6121731

JS[_5_]
September 6th 17, 04:57 PM
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 10:17:30 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
> Thanks guys it was fun.
>
> https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=6121731

Excellent flight, Tony.
Jim

September 6th 17, 10:54 PM
Congratulations -- Another great flight

AE

WaltWX[_2_]
September 7th 17, 02:20 AM
Tony,

Congratulations! ... Walt Rogers WX

Papa3[_2_]
September 7th 17, 02:45 AM
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 7:10:33 PM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
> Tony Condon drove up to Ames IA (from Wichita, KS) to attempt a downwind dash.
>
> He appears to have landed at Madisonville Muni in KY after about a 7 hour flight!
>
> Looks like about 750 km +/- = Wow!
>
> Lou

Awesome stuff. Giving Henry Combs a run for his money.

P3

Tony[_5_]
September 7th 17, 03:26 AM
I've got a ways to go to catch Henry. I think this flight makes eight straight out Diamond distances for me. Only 192 to go

Tony[_5_]
September 8th 17, 05:29 PM
Flight Trace with Satellite loop that John Bird put together. I think the tail on the flight trace is the last hour of the flight, giving an indication of my speed during that portion of the flight. Enjoy,

https://youtu.be/6JO_hhAhuMA

WaltWX[_2_]
September 8th 17, 10:33 PM
Tony,

I finally got around to creating GOES 1km animation of your track on the downwind May 4, 2017 flight... and here it is in two parts.. a northern half:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lehkxvetfz167en/GOES_Vis1km_TonyCondon_20170504_KSOK.mp4?dl=0

and a southern half:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muh50zsjuo12tw4/GOES_Vis1km_TonyCondon_20170504_TX.mp4?dl=0

John Bird's Satellite look looks great for this latest flight. I'm using Unidata's IDV program, GPSBabel to convert igc file to something compatible. I hope to created track that will move with the satellite time. It just requires more study and work.

Will repost this on your original r.a.s post

Walt Rogers WX

Martin Gregorie[_5_]
September 8th 17, 11:50 PM
On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:33:26 -0700, WaltWX wrote:

I'm using
> Unidata's IDV program, GPSBabel to convert igc file to something
> compatible. I hope to created track that will move with the satellite
> time. It just requires more study and work.

I've been using GPLIGC to view and analyse my logs for the last year or
two. Initially I started using it because I run Linux and ICG display and
analysis programs for it are pretty thin on the ground. GPLIGC, being
written in Perl, of course runs without any problems. Its displays are
fairly basic but the analyses it does are pretty good.

It can output 3D KML files that work very well with Google Earth and,
judging by thee file size and general smoothness of the track, this
contains every point from the IGC log.

You can get it from here: http://pc12-c714.uibk.ac.at/GPLIGC/GPLIGC.html

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie