PDA

View Full Version : STS Handheld Radio Repair - USA

Ray Lovinggood
April 23rd 04, 02:16 PM
Can anyone recommend where to send an STS handheld
radio for repair?

Or, should I just cut my losses and get a new(er) radio?
Something like an Icom or Vertex Standard (or whatever
they are called)?

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Tim Mara
April 23rd 04, 02:54 PM
"Ray Lovinggood" > wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend where to send an STS handheld
> radio for repair?

unless it's still under warranty you can check with your local Edsel, Nash
or Studebaker garage, they may have parts available
:o) tim

Andy Durbin
April 23rd 04, 06:58 PM
Ray Lovinggood > wrote in message >...
> Can anyone recommend where to send an STS handheld
> radio for repair?
>
> Or, should I just cut my losses and get a new(er) radio?
> Something like an Icom or Vertex Standard (or whatever
> they are called)?
>
> Thanks,
> Ray Lovinggood
> Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Tropic Aero was the only repair place but they stopped supporting them
quite a while ago.

I still have 3 of them, but my crew insisted on a new one so I bought
an ICOM.

Andy

DGRTEK
April 25th 04, 01:33 PM
I don't know anything about an STS, but I'll give the Icom AC5 a thumbs up.
Douglas

Google