PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Plane Patch Primer...in English

Nolaminar
April 23rd 04, 05:49 PM
Are copies of the popular Plastic Plane Patch Primer by Ursula Hanle available?
Where can they be found?
Also, is she still in the Southwest USA? New Mexico or Arizona?
Thanks
Bob Gaines
Marietta, GA

Joe Lacour
May 7th 04, 12:24 AM
I'm preparing to sand, polish, and wax my LS-4A wings. Lets discuss
recommendations on final grits, polish, etc. Thanks! Joe

JJ Sinclair
May 7th 04, 02:43 PM

>I'm preparing to sand, polish, and wax my LS-4A wings. Lets discuss
>recommendations on final grits, polish, etc. Thanks! Joe

Joe,
I use 600 wet on a 12 inch block to remove the yellow stuff, then 800 wet on a
6 inch block to remove the 600 scratches. I follow this up with two buffings
using a wool pad and 3-M liquid rubbing compound. I use Mothers Gold paste wax.
You can get all this stuff at a good automotive paint store. Buy a couple pair
of kitchen rubber gloves, so you won't lose your fingerprints. Keep a sharp eye
out for not going too low, when you see a gray area, you are all ready too low.
You can make that LS-4 look like a new lady again, then don't leave her out in
the sun too much and she will look good for years to come.
JJ Sinclair

One9er
May 8th 04, 03:40 AM
I would definately look into micron papers and sluries. A quick lesson on
grits, such as 800 grit, grits have a 20% possiblity that they are correct.
10% are over the grit, that's okay, but 10% are under the grit. This is where
fish hooks, etc. come into play. ex: 10% of 800 grit minerals are 720 grit.
With microns, 10% are not the proper grit, but they are always over the present
grit. ex: the 10% is 880. Micron grits are used to polish glass to a mirror
finish in hi-tech, aerospace, mediac,ect. applications. Sure you pay 20-30%,
but that is minimal in polishing. I would suggest you look up rshughes.com for
additional info.
Mitch Herold 303-947-7462

One9er
May 8th 04, 03:45 AM
I would suggest looking into micron papers. Grits papers have 20% with the
wrong grit. 10% of grit paper is lower, causing fish hooks etc. Micron paper
have 10% in error, but the 10% is always a higher grit, so an 800 grit error is
10% at 880 grit. Microns are for technical applications such as canopy
cleaning, medical, fibreoptics, etc. I would suggest paying 20-30% for
quality. Look into rshughes.com for more info and#'s that are close for you.

Sincerely,

Mitch Herold 303-947-7462
(V1)

Google