PDA

View Full Version : Gamin to .igc format

Chris Davison
April 27th 04, 05:33 PM
Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
etc for viewing and analysis purposes?

Thanks
Chris

John Jones
April 27th 04, 05:59 PM
At 16:42 27 April 2004, Chris Davison wrote:
>Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
>Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
>secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
>etc for viewing and analysis purposes?
>
>Thanks
>Chris

G7toWin works great for me. Freeware program available
from the internet (search for G7toWin to find a download
site)

Mark A. Matthews
April 27th 04, 06:41 PM
In article >,
Chris Davison > wrote:

> Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
> Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
> secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
> etc for viewing and analysis purposes?

Some perl hackery that will do the job - it's not pretty, but it works:
Modify as necessary, salt to taste.

Pipe the garmin data to standard in, redirect stdout to a file.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

print "HFDTE070204\n";
print "HFFXA050\n";
print "HFPLTPILOT:Nobody\n";
print "HFGTYGLIDERTYPE:\n";
print "HFGIDGLIDERID:N2EE\n";
print "HFDTM100GPSDATUM:WGS84\n";
print "HFFTYFRTYPE:GARMIN,GPS-III\n";
print "HFRFWFIRMWAREVERSION:2.4.1\n";
print "HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION:10A817O963WP\n";
print "HFGPS:,,12,\n";
print "HFCIDCOMPETITIONID:\n";
print "HFCCLCOMPETITIONCLASS:\n";
print "HFSITSITE:\n";
print "HFTZNTIMEZONE:-8\n";

while(<>) {
chop;
($trackNum, $dateStr, $latStr, $lonStr) = split(/\t/);

if ($trackNum != 1) {
next;
}

($month, $day, $year, $hh, $mm, $ss) = split(/[\/\s:]/, $dateStr);

($latDeg, $latMin, $latSec) = split(/[d']/, $latStr);
chop($latSec);
$latMin = ($latMin * 1000) + ($latSec * 1000) / 60;

($lonDeg, $lonMin, $lonSec) = split(/[d']/, $lonStr);
chop($lonSec);
$lonMin = ($lonMin * 1000) + ($lonSec * 1000) / 60;

printf("B%2.2d%2.2d%2.2d%2.2d%5.5d%s%3.3d%5.5d%sV000000000 0\n",
$hh, $mm, $ss, abs($latDeg), $latMin, ($latDeg > 0 ? "N" : "S"),
abs($lonDeg), $lonMin, ($lonDeg >= 0 ? "E" : "W"));
}

--
-Mark

Robert Danewid
April 27th 04, 08:16 PM
TaskNAV read Garmin .trk files and it downloads Garmins and convert to
..igc format.

Robert

Chris Davison wrote:
> Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
> Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
> secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
> etc for viewing and analysis purposes?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Eric Greenwell
April 27th 04, 08:16 PM
Chris Davison wrote:

> Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
> Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
> secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
> etc for viewing and analysis purposes?

Try opening the file in SeeYou. It recognizes my Garmin filew without
any conversion.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

André Somers
April 28th 04, 12:49 PM
Chris Davison wrote:

> Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
> Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
> secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
> etc for viewing and analysis purposes?
KFLog will connect to Garmins and read out the data (and write it to an igc
file, of course). However, I guess you're looking for Windows software?
KFLog runs of different flavours of unix.

André

Mike
April 29th 04, 02:50 AM
Chris Davison > wrote in message >...
> Anyone know of any software that will take a downloaded
> Garmin tracklog and convert it into a .igc file (non
> secure) so that it can be fed into Seeyou or tasknav
> etc for viewing and analysis purposes?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

SeeYou connection Wizard has provision for Garmin with no conversion.

Mike

Google