PDA

View Full Version : Maybe there is hope for the huge:)

John0714
May 1st 04, 07:27 PM
On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says

Maximum passenger weight for rides:
Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs

Currently even just after a huge meal I am under 345 fully clothed and have a
62" waist max:) And I don't think I care to soar directly after a huge meal:) I
have hopes of at lest getting no bigger:) Assuming I don't how many places that
offer rides can accomodate me? How about yours?

Shawn Curry
May 1st 04, 08:18 PM
John0714 wrote:
> On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says
>
> Maximum passenger weight for rides:
> Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
> Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
> Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs
>
> Currently even just after a huge meal I am under 345 fully clothed and have a
> 62" waist max:) And I don't think I care to soar directly after a huge meal:) I
> have hopes of at lest getting no bigger:) Assuming I don't how many places that
> offer rides can accomodate me? How about yours?

Sounds like a 2-32. Lots of places use 2-32s for rides, some for
instruction. Anyone know if the belts will reach?

Shawn

P.S. You know the most obvious advice. Think of it as a way to
increase the length of your soaring career.
:-)

John0714
May 2nd 04, 04:20 AM
>Subject: Re: Maybe there is hope for the huge:)
>From: Shawn Curry
>Date: 5/1/2004 2:18 PM Central Standard Time
>
>John0714 wrote:
>> On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says
>>
>> Maximum passenger weight for rides:
>> Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
>> Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
>> Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs
>>
>> Currently even just after a huge meal I am under 345 fully clothed and have
>> 62" waist max:) And I don't think I care to soar directly after a huge
>meal:) I
>> have hopes of at lest getting no bigger:) Assuming I don't how many places
>that
>> offer rides can accomodate me? How about yours?
>>

>Sounds like a 2-32. Lots of places use 2-32s for rides, some for
>instruction. Anyone know if the belts will reach?
>
>Shawn
>
>P.S. You know the most obvious advice. Think of it as a way to
>increase the length of your soaring career.
>:-)

I've aleady dropped abot 20lbs. in two months, hope to drop more. Imagine if
even alchoholics had to have at least three beers a day to avoid the same
effects as fasting in real life in the short term or starvation in the long
term?

I either sailed at the place on the website or their nearest competetors. I had
a slightly smaller waist at the time. I came back almost a year later and the
seatbelt no longer fit. They said they would order an extension but I could
never come back.
The one flight I had I loved. One more reason to wish I had been like Richie
Rich or Scrooge McDuck when I was younger and smaller. I might have sailed
around the world.

Shawn Curry
May 2nd 04, 05:22 AM
John0714 wrote:

>>Subject: Re: Maybe there is hope for the huge:)
>>From: Shawn Curry
>>Date: 5/1/2004 2:18 PM Central Standard Time
>>
>>John0714 wrote:
>>
>>>On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says
>>>
>>>Maximum passenger weight for rides:
>>>Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
>>>Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
>>>Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs
>>>
>>>Currently even just after a huge meal I am under 345 fully clothed and have

>>>62" waist max:) And I don't think I care to soar directly after a huge
>>
>>meal:) I
>>
>>>have hopes of at lest getting no bigger:) Assuming I don't how many places
>>
>>that
>>
>>>offer rides can accomodate me? How about yours?
>>>

>>Sounds like a 2-32. Lots of places use 2-32s for rides, some for
>>instruction. Anyone know if the belts will reach?
>>
>>Shawn
>>
>>P.S. You know the most obvious advice. Think of it as a way to
>>increase the length of your soaring career.
>>:-)
>

> I've aleady dropped abot 20lbs. in two months, hope to drop more. Imagine if
> even alchoholics had to have at least three beers a day to avoid the same
> effects as fasting in real life in the short term or starvation in the long
> term?

Skinny people don't get it. Careful of that rate. That may be faster
than is healthy. Ignore me if a doc/nutritionist is helping.

John0714
May 2nd 04, 12:54 PM

>Skinny people don't get it.

Cold turkey, the best way for kicking MOST things, IMHO, is not an option.

J.M. Farrington
May 2nd 04, 01:32 PM
"John0714" > wrote in message

> >Skinny people don't get it.
>
> Cold turkey, the best way for kicking MOST things, IMHO, is not an option.

You should throw some veggies in that diet, or at least heat that
turkey up sometimes.

Always liked flying the 2-32. They do tend to hold there value 40 to 50K for
one in the latest Soaring.

John

ADP
May 2nd 04, 06:54 PM
Go to the competitor. Since they are only 15 feet apart, one of them should
and will be able to accommodate you.
Talk to Elmer or Mark at Soar Hawaii and/or Don at Mr. Bills. Soar Hawaii
is on the left and Mr. Bills is on the right.
These positions do not necessarily reflect their political persuasions. ;-0

If you still have a problem, drop me a personal note and I'll contact Soar
Hawaii to arrange a ride.

Yes they are 2-32s.

Good luck.

Allan

"John0714" > wrote in message
> >Subject: Re: Maybe there is hope for the huge:)

>>John0714 wrote:
>>> On http://www.soarhawaii.com/allprices.htm it says
>>>
>>> Maximum passenger weight for rides:
>>> Scenic Ride: For 1 or 2 passengers - 350 lbs
>>> Golden Eagle Lesson Ride: 1 passenger - 350 lbs
>>> Aerobatic Ride: 1 passenger - 220 lbs

> I either sailed at the place on the website or their nearest competetors.
> I had
> a slightly smaller waist at the time. I came back almost a year later and
> the
> seatbelt no longer fit. They said they would order an extension but I
> could
> never come back.

F.L. Whiteley
May 3rd 04, 04:31 AM
"J.M. Farrington" > wrote in message

> "John0714" > wrote in message
> > >
> > >Skinny people don't get it.
> >
> > Cold turkey, the best way for kicking MOST things, IMHO, is not an
option.

> You should throw some veggies in that diet, or at least heat that
> turkey up sometimes.
>
> Always liked flying the 2-32. They do tend to hold there value 40 to 50K
for
> one in the latest Soaring.
>
> John

I hear they can go for tens of thousands of hours, even in corrossive sea
air!

Frank

John0714
May 3rd 04, 11:27 AM
>Subject: Re: Maybe there is hope for the huge:)
>From: "ADP"
>Date: 5/2/2004 12:54 PM Central Standard Time
>
>Go to the competitor. Since they are only 15 feet apart, one of them should
>and will be able to accommodate you.
>Talk to Elmer or Mark at Soar Hawaii and/or Don at Mr. Bills. Soar Hawaii
>is on the left and Mr. Bills is on the right.
>These positions do not necessarily reflect their political persuasions. ;-0
>
>If you still have a problem, drop me a personal note and I'll contact Soar
>Hawaii to arrange a ride.
>
>Yes they are 2-32s.
>
>Good luck.
>
>Allan
>
>"John0714" > wrote in message
>> >Subject: Re: Maybe there is hope for the huge:)

>> I either sailed at the place on the website or their nearest competetors.
>> I had
>> a slightly smaller waist at the time. I came back almost a year later and
>> the
>> seatbelt no longer fit. They said they would order an extension but I
>> could
>> never come back.

The thing is, I don't know when or if I will ever get to within 1000 miles of
Oahu again):

ADP
May 3rd 04, 04:11 PM
Oh my,
Well, there are 2-32s at Hollister, CA and Truckee, CA at least. I'm
certain that there are others around the USA.
Don't give up.

Allan

> The thing is, I don't know when or if I will ever get to within 1000 miles
> of
> Oahu again):

Google