PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide hi-res satellite photos

Jonathan Gere
May 2nd 04, 03:17 AM
I updated my page to include a link showing how to access 15m
resolution satellite photos for most of the world. This link has
better resolution than the link for the US. The images are already
projected to a simple XY latitude/longitude grid as needed by SeeYou.

http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/

This data is served by JPL's OnEarth site.

Jonathan Gere

Dan D
May 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
I've been using images downloaded from this site:
https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/
simulated colors but low res for HG. prob better for sailplane pilots
do you know of other higher res calibrated image sources for the western us?

thanks,
Dan

"Jonathan Gere" > wrote in message
om...
> I updated my page to include a link showing how to access 15m
> resolution satellite photos for most of the world. This link has
> better resolution than the link for the US. The images are already
> projected to a simple XY latitude/longitude grid as needed by SeeYou.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/
>
> This data is served by JPL's OnEarth site.
>
> Jonathan Gere

Jonathan Gere
May 4th 04, 03:08 PM
1m digital orthophotoquads can be downloaded for most US states free
online from one university site or another. Even as a MrSid image
they are huge - about 16MB for 1/8th degree by 1/8 degree. They are
almost all B&W. If you don't need much coverage, and you have the
tools to reproject them from UTM to a lat/long grid, it is fun to see
a flight track go right down the runway.

Jonathan

"Dan D" > wrote in message >...
> I've been using images downloaded from this site:
> https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/
> simulated colors but low res for HG. prob better for sailplane pilots
> do you know of other higher res calibrated image sources for the western us?
>
> thanks,
> Dan
>
> "Jonathan Gere" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I updated my page to include a link showing how to access 15m
> > resolution satellite photos for most of the world. This link has
> > better resolution than the link for the US. The images are already
> > projected to a simple XY latitude/longitude grid as needed by SeeYou.
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/
> >
> > This data is served by JPL's OnEarth site.
> >
> > Jonathan Gere

Google