PDA

View Full Version : McCready Speed ring for ASW-20

Jeff Dorwart
May 4th 04, 11:43 PM
Hello, Anyone still flying with a speed ring on their
-20. I am planning to buy a blank from Tim and would
like a transfer/photo from one of the factory ones
so I can make the engraving look somewhat professional. Like everyone else I have it on the PDA but would
prefer to duplicate it the old fashioned way as my
confidence in the electronics is lower than my confidence
in my hand/brain (and mostly Paul McCready's brain)
system. Thanks in advance.

Mike Borgelt
May 5th 04, 12:58 AM
On 4 May 2004 22:43:00 GMT, Jeff Dorwart
> wrote:

>Hello, Anyone still flying with a speed ring on their
>-20. I am planning to buy a blank from Tim and would
>like a transfer/photo from one of the factory ones
>so I can make the engraving look somewhat professional. Like everyone else I have it on the PDA but would
>prefer to duplicate it the old fashioned way as my
>confidence in the electronics is lower than my confidence
>in my hand/brain (and mostly Paul McCready's brain)
>system. Thanks in advance.

Better still, forget the Macready ring and just use a little table of
speeds to fly and vary the speed gently in lift or sink.

There are far better things to do with your time and attention than
try to fly the Macready ring. Like look out.

The old 1969 to 1972 Soaring Symposia are available on the web. Sorry
I don't have to URL to hand. Read these and then decide whether you
want the Macready ring.

Mike Borgelt

Google