PDA

View Full Version : Tows available near Tucson?

Janus2k
May 6th 04, 05:30 AM
Planning to be in Tucson the last week of May. Anyone know of an airport near
Tucson that tows are available?
Yes, Estrella is too far. Will bring glider with if tows are available.
Thanks,
Mark
2K

BTIZ
May 6th 04, 05:51 AM
dang.. and I thought Estrella was Tucson...

BT

"Janus2k" > wrote in message
> Planning to be in Tucson the last week of May. Anyone know of an airport
near
> Tucson that tows are available?
> Yes, Estrella is too far. Will bring glider with if tows are available.
> Thanks,
> Mark
> 2K

Andy Blackburn
May 6th 04, 06:28 AM
One of the better soaring sites in Arizona. It's about
10-15 miles west of Tucson, just off I-10. I don't
know if the club's insurance allows for towing transient
sailplanes. Give them a call.

http://tucsonsoaring.org/

9B

At 05:06 06 May 2004, Btiz wrote:
>dang.. and I thought Estrella was Tucson...
>
>BT
>
>'Janus2k' wrote in message
>> Planning to be in Tucson the last week of May. Anyone
>>know of an airport
>near
>> Tucson that tows are available?
>> Yes, Estrella is too far. Will bring glider with if
>>tows are available.
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>> 2K