PDA

View Full Version : Is a Blanik L-33 rugged enough for a club?

Val
May 14th 04, 02:23 AM
Our club has had an L 33 for about 5 years. It has always been
hangered, yet the paint fell off in sheets all over the ship.

Blanik did not want to assume any responsibility even though the ship
was new. The problem was extensive, and the club had to finance the
paint job. The only consession we got from Blanik was some credit for
our next order from them.

Six months earlier (1998) four of us decided to purchase a PW 5 rather
than the L 33. We have never had any problem with the paint or
anything else, and it does not require the intensive attention that
Blaniks do. ( See the May issue of SOARING p. 27 for a description of
the work our club's maintance team and all the effort it takes to
service a fleet of Blaniks.)

If you order one, I hope your club has an equally outstanding
preventative maintenance team and better luck in dealing with Blanik.

Google