PDA

View Full Version : Impact of noise control efforts on landouts?

nafod40
May 14th 04, 03:20 PM
Might want to check out this site...

http://www.stopthenoise.org/

While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from the
site...

"It is the mission of STOP the NOISE to...restor[e] local control over
the non-essential, recreational uses of the airspace which is part of
our lands."

F.L. Whiteley
May 14th 04, 08:48 PM
"nafod40" > wrote in message
> Might want to check out this site...
>
> http://www.stopthenoise.org/
>
> While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from the
> site...
>
> "It is the mission of STOP the NOISE to...restor[e] local control over
> the non-essential, recreational uses of the airspace which is part of
> our lands."

Gee, maybe he knows Gunther Eichhorn;^) see http://acro.harvard.edu
and http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2004/04-2-056x.html

Registrant Name:William Burgoyne
Registrant Organization:OakBush Industries
Registrant Street1:PO Box 69
Registrant City:West Townsend
Registrant State/Province:MA
Registrant Postal Code:01474-0069
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9785970330

Stewart Kissel
May 15th 04, 12:04 AM
At 20:00 14 May 2004, F.L. Whiteley wrote:

>'nafod40' wrote in message
>> Might want to check out this site...
>>
>> http://www.stopthenoise.org/

I am much more sympathetic to this since the infestation
of Dennis Hopper wannabees has occured in the Rockies.
Every realtor and accountant has to have a loud, shiny
Harley. They have gone from an occasional drone to
never-ceasing racket. And you can buy a damned nice
glider for the price of one of those low-performance
poseur bikes.

Flame suit on!

Andreas Maurer
May 15th 04, 03:00 AM
On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:48:51 -0600, "F.L. Whiteley"
> wrote:

>> While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from the
>> site...

"If the constant noise of low flying stunt planes has driven you
indoors, [...] you are not alone."

The constant noise of low flying stunt planes drives me outdoors.

Am I sick?

Bye
Andreas

Shawn Curry
May 15th 04, 03:05 AM
nafod40 wrote:

> Might want to check out this site...
>
> http://www.stopthenoise.org/
>
> While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from the
> site...
>
> "It is the mission of STOP the NOISE to...restor[e] local control over
> the non-essential, recreational uses of the airspace which is part of
> our lands."

That's easy. The airspace that is "part of their lands" ends at their
video dish. I can assure them I'll never fly that low over their land,
powered or unpowered.

Shawn

Bruce Greeff
May 15th 04, 05:22 PM
Shawn Curry wrote:
> nafod40 wrote:
>
>> Might want to check out this site...
>>
>> http://www.stopthenoise.org/
>>
>> While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from the
>> site...
>>
>> "It is the mission of STOP the NOISE to...restor[e] local control over
>> the non-essential, recreational uses of the airspace which is part of
>> our lands."
>>
> That's easy. The airspace that is "part of their lands" ends at their
> video dish. I can assure them I'll never fly that low over their land,
> powered or unpowered.
>
> Shawn
Hmmm...
Flame suit on, But it is this kind of attitude that causes problems for GA.
Causes problems all over being inconsiderate in my opinion.

Gliding is generally quite quiet, especially when you use a winch. However, you
are still intruding when you make a noise or fly low over peoples property.
(Whether you are messing around, or making an outlanding)

An analogy would be the kind of genius who is prevalent among our less educated
populance whose car is a often heap, but its owner is of such a generous nature
that he/she shares their taste in music with anyone within 500m . After all such
a powerful sound system must be used, and they have a passion for this music.
Legally they are driving on a public road, and your airspace ends at your fence...

Don't expect everyone to share the liking for the noise you make.

Shawn Curry
May 16th 04, 04:56 AM
Bruce Greeff wrote:

> Shawn Curry wrote:
>
>> nafod40 wrote:
>>
>>> Might want to check out this site...
>>>
>>> http://www.stopthenoise.org/
>>>
>>> While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from
>>> the site...
>>>
>>> "It is the mission of STOP the NOISE to...restor[e] local control
>>> over the non-essential, recreational uses of the airspace which is
>>> part of our lands."
>>>
>> That's easy. The airspace that is "part of their lands" ends at their
>> video dish. I can assure them I'll never fly that low over their
>> land, powered or unpowered.
>>
>> Shawn
>
> Hmmm...
> Flame suit on, But it is this kind of attitude that causes problems for
> GA. Causes problems all over being inconsiderate in my opinion.
>
> Gliding is generally quite quiet, especially when you use a winch.
> However, you are still intruding when you make a noise or fly low over
> peoples property. (Whether you are messing around, or making an outlanding)
>
> An analogy would be the kind of genius who is prevalent among our less
> educated populance whose car is a often heap, but its owner is of such a
> generous nature that he/she shares their taste in music with anyone
> within 500m . After all such a powerful sound system must be used, and
> they have a passion for this music. Legally they are driving on a public
> road, and your airspace ends at your fence...
>
> Don't expect everyone to share the liking for the noise you make.

What attitude? I was only commenting on the tactic they are using. The
way I interpreted their mission statement was that they believe that
they have a right to the airspace over their property. In the US this
is just not true. If they are trying to solve noise issues through
exercising property rights over airspace they have no right to, they are
pursuing a lame strategy.

Shawn

Ian Forbes
May 16th 04, 07:44 AM
You guys are missing the point.

Even if their campain achieves just their first goal, you US pilots will
be painting large 'N' numbers under your wings.

We have had to paint our registrations on wings and fuselage for decades
(in addition to competition numbers), it is a real pain!

Who knows how much read tape they could tie you up in if things started
going their way.

Peter Seddon
May 16th 04, 04:38 PM
These type of people are similar to the ex airline pilot who bought a house
at the end of a runway to a well established gliding club and then
complained about the noise!!! I bet these people think they own the ground
beneath then to the centre of the earth, what a laugh!! But I do agree that
if they shout loud enough they WILL be heard and action WILL be taken, if
only to shut them up and stop them pestering the legislative body. Its
happening over here in the UK with 4x4s and greenlanes, it happened with
hand guns in private ownership, and what a waste that was, there are more
illegal firearms out in the public domain now than ever. Don't stay quiet,
find out all you can about the people behind this movement and then if you
can, use it against them in a big way.

Peter.

"Shawn Curry" > wrote in message
> Bruce Greeff wrote:
>
> > Shawn Curry wrote:

> >> That's easy. The airspace that is "part of their lands" ends at their
> >> video dish. I can assure them I'll never fly that low over their
> >> land, powered or unpowered.
> >>
> >> Shawn
> >
> > Hmmm...
> > Flame suit on, But it is this kind of attitude that causes problems for
> > GA. Causes problems all over being inconsiderate in my opinion.
> >
> > Gliding is generally quite quiet, especially when you use a winch.
> > However, you are still intruding when you make a noise or fly low over
> > peoples property. (Whether you are messing around, or making an
outlanding)

> > An analogy would be the kind of genius who is prevalent among our less
> > educated populance whose car is a often heap, but its owner is of such a
> > generous nature that he/she shares their taste in music with anyone
> > within 500m . After all such a powerful sound system must be used, and
> > they have a passion for this music. Legally they are driving on a public
> > road, and your airspace ends at your fence...
> >
> > Don't expect everyone to share the liking for the noise you make.
>
> What attitude? I was only commenting on the tactic they are using. The
> way I interpreted their mission statement was that they believe that
> they have a right to the airspace over their property. In the US this
> is just not true. If they are trying to solve noise issues through
> exercising property rights over airspace they have no right to, they are
> pursuing a lame strategy.
>
> Shawn

---

303pilot
May 17th 04, 04:28 PM
These days, I sometimes think that guy at the end of "Easy Rider" had the
right idea....

Also wondering how they figure airspace is part of the land....

"Stewart Kissel" > wrote in
message ...
> At 20:00 14 May 2004, F.L. Whiteley wrote:
> >
> >'nafod40' wrote in message
> >> Might want to check out this site...
> >>
> >> http://www.stopthenoise.org/
> >>

> I am much more sympathetic to this since the infestation
> of Dennis Hopper wannabees has occured in the Rockies.
> Every realtor and accountant has to have a loud, shiny
> Harley. They have gone from an occasional drone to
> never-ceasing racket. And you can buy a damned nice
> glider for the price of one of those low-performance
> poseur bikes.
>
> Flame suit on!

Google