PDA

View Full Version : Duster plans wanted

Leon McAtee
May 15th 04, 03:06 AM
I'd like to buy a set of plans for a Duster BJ-1b. These need not be
original and can be a copy as they will not be used to build a glider,
only for documentation for an existing Duster that came with no plans.
=========================
Leon McAtee
Leon@Alluretech dot net
N 7852R Original plans #38

G.A. Seguin
May 15th 04, 03:21 PM
Hi Leon,

I have a set.
I have resisted answering request for Duster plan up to now.
The sailplane built from these plan broke in flight, succesfull
bail out. The plan were never updated. One such event in a life
time is enough. It is up to you Leon, I will decide from the answer
you give to this post.
Gilles

(Leon McAtee) wrote in message >...
> I'd like to buy a set of plans for a Duster BJ-1b. These need not be
> original and can be a copy as they will not be used to build a glider,
> only for documentation for an existing Duster that came with no plans.
> =========================
> Leon McAtee
> Leon@Alluretech dot net
> N 7852R Original plans #38

JJ Sinclair
May 15th 04, 03:49 PM
Gilles, Could you give us more details on this? The rudder and fin were
redesigned after an in-flight break-up. Was that you?
I have built 2 Dusters and flown them for over 400 hours. I consider it a safe
design, after the change to the fin and rudder. As with any home-built, the
quality of construction may not have been up to aircraft standards and in many
cases the builder doesn't follow the designers instructions. More information,
please.

JJ Sinclair

>I have a set.
>I have resisted answering request for Duster plan up to now.
>The sailplane built from these plan broke in flight, succesfull
>bail out. The plan were never updated. One such event in a life
>time is enough. It is up to you Leon, I will decide from the answer
>you give to this post.
>Gilles

JJ Sinclair

G.A. Seguin
May 15th 04, 06:30 PM
It was this aircraft, I was not the pilot.
I consider the Duster a safe aircraft.
I question putting these plan, not updated,
back in circulation.
Gilles

(JJ Sinclair) wrote in message >...
> Gilles, Could you give us more details on this? The rudder and fin were
> redesigned after an in-flight break-up. Was that you?
> I have built 2 Dusters and flown them for over 400 hours. I consider it a safe
> design, after the change to the fin and rudder. As with any home-built, the
> quality of construction may not have been up to aircraft standards and in many
> cases the builder doesn't follow the designers instructions. More information,
> please.
>
> JJ Sinclair
>
> >I have a set.
> >I have resisted answering request for Duster plan up to now.
> >The sailplane built from these plan broke in flight, succesfull
> >bail out. The plan were never updated. One such event in a life
> >time is enough. It is up to you Leon, I will decide from the answer
> >you give to this post.
> >Gilles
>
> JJ Sinclair

JJ Sinclair
May 15th 04, 09:40 PM

>It was this aircraft, I was not the pilot.
>I consider the Duster a safe aircraft.
>I question putting these plan, not updated,
>back in circulation.
>Gilles

Thanks, Gilles
I can provide the modification information that was issued after the rudder
flutter accident. The requester has a completed Duster, he only wants the plans
for reference.
JJ Sinclair

Leon McAtee
May 15th 04, 10:54 PM
(G.A. Seguin) wrote in message >...
> Hi Leon,
>
> I have a set.
> I have resisted answering request for Duster plan up to now.
> The sailplane built from these plan broke in flight, succesfull
> bail out. The plan were never updated. One such event in a life
> time is enough. It is up to you Leon, I will decide from the answer
> you give to this post.
> Gilles

My primary reason for getting a set of plans is safety. I'd like to
be able to see if it was built to plans (with the updates) and be able
to do a good condition inspection before it's flown.

It's my understanding that after modifying the rudder and observing
proper ground operation on rough surfaces it turned out to be a safe
plane. I'd like to make sure this particular one is at least built
per plans. The more information I can get the better my final
decisions will be - I hope.

JJ Sinclair
May 16th 04, 01:32 PM
>I'd like to make sure this particular one is at least built
>per plans. The more information I can get the better my final
>decisions will be - I hope.

The modified Duster has a fabric covered rudder with a counterbalance on top.
The forward fin attachment is also strengthened.
JJ Sinclair

Leon McAtee
May 28th 04, 07:25 PM
Still looking for Duster plans. I purchased a set but after getting
them I discovered they are very old photocopies - and about 80% scale.
This would have been good enough for most inspection and confirming
conformity to the plans. Unfortunatly I will need to do some repair
and some of the information needed (rudder foil shape for example)
needs to be full size. So............

I'm still in the market for a set of original Duster plans, or an
acurate, modern digital copy.
==============================
Leon McAtee
Leon @ alluretech.net

(JJ Sinclair) wrote in message >...

> >It was this aircraft, I was not the pilot.
> >I consider the Duster a safe aircraft.
> >I question putting these plan, not updated,
> >back in circulation.
> >Gilles
>
> Thanks, Gilles
> I can provide the modification information that was issued after the rudder
> flutter accident. The requester has a completed Duster, he only wants the plans
> for reference.
> JJ Sinclair

G.A. Seguin
June 2nd 04, 02:13 AM
Hi,
I will refund the money if you feel you got cheated.
Gilles

(Leon McAtee) wrote in message >...
> Still looking for Duster plans. I purchased a set but after getting
> them I discovered they are very old photocopies - and about 80% scale.
> This would have been good enough for most inspection and confirming
> conformity to the plans. Unfortunatly I will need to do some repair
> and some of the information needed (rudder foil shape for example)
> needs to be full size. So............
>
> I'm still in the market for a set of original Duster plans, or an
> acurate, modern digital copy.
> ==============================
> Leon McAtee
> Leon @ alluretech.net
>
> (JJ Sinclair) wrote in message >...
> > >
> > >It was this aircraft, I was not the pilot.
> > >I consider the Duster a safe aircraft.
> > >I question putting these plan, not updated,
> > >back in circulation.
> > >Gilles
> >
> > Thanks, Gilles
> > I can provide the modification information that was issued after the rudder
> > flutter accident. The requester has a completed Duster, he only wants the plans
> > for reference.
> > JJ Sinclair

Leon McAtee
June 3rd 04, 01:24 AM
(G.A. Seguin) wrote in message >...
> Hi,
> I will refund the money if you feel you got cheated.
> Gilles

Cheated!? NO.

And I'm sorry if you got that impression. Please accept my apology
for that. As you know finding - any - plans for the Duster is hard.
I feel I got my $'s worth.
Leon McAtee
Happy with my Duster - and the plans.

Google