PDA

View Full Version : Super Dimona (HK 36) Diamond Xtreme towplane

Ruth Perreault
May 15th 04, 05:22 PM
Hello all,

Does anyone know where an HK 36 operates as a tow plane in Germany, near
Munich or Frankfurt? I will be in Munich over this weekend and Frankfurt
next. I wish to see how the machine operates before purchasing one.

Thank you

Ruth Perreault

Hallo alle,

Das tut mir Leid, mein Deutsh ist doch elemantarish. Kennen sie ein
Segelflugzeuggruppe (Club) in Deutscland (Münche diese wochende oder
Frankfurt, nachste) mit ein HK 36 für Schleppflugzeug. Ich wünche gekauft
einer Diamond xtreme.

Mit grüssen!

Ruth Perreault

Markus Feyerabend
May 15th 04, 10:38 PM
Hi,

the aeroclub in Eschenlohe (that "near" Munich) operates a tricycle Turbo
HK36.
to go to Eschenlohe, take to Autobahn to Garmisch (A95) and exit at the next
to last exit (Eschenlohe), right before you exit the Autobahn, you pass by
the southern threshold (to your right).

regards,
Markus

Ruth Perreault schrieb in Nachricht
>Hello all,
>
>Does anyone know where an HK 36 operates as a tow plane in Germany, near
>Munich or Frankfurt? I will be in Munich over this weekend and Frankfurt
>next. I wish to see how the machine operates before purchasing one.
>
>Thank you
>
>Ruth Perreault
>
>Hallo alle,
>
>Das tut mir Leid, mein Deutsh ist doch elemantarish. Kennen sie ein
>Segelflugzeuggruppe (Club) in Deutscland (Münche diese wochende oder
>Frankfurt, nachste) mit ein HK 36 für Schleppflugzeug. Ich wünche gekauft
>einer Diamond xtreme.
>
>Mit grüssen!
>
>Ruth Perreault

robert
May 22nd 04, 03:25 AM
Hello
Not Germany, but there is one towing in Southeast Queensland Australia
regularly.

Normally out of Caboolture Gliding Club North of Brisbane
(www.glidingcaboolture.org.au), but it has operated out of our club Darling
Downs Soaring Club( www.ddsc.org.au).

http://www.glidingcaboolture.org.au/joy.htm

Although I have not had a tow behind it, it certainly seemed to perform
acceptably with normal weight aircraft. Don't think a loaded up Nimbus on
our grass strip at 1200 ft altitude would be a good thing.

You could also try contacting Pam & Gerrit Kurstjens of our club who have
the four place Dimona and his and hers Nimbus 4s'.

They tow regularly with it and have lots of experience in light and
commercial aviation and gliding around the world.
Hope this helps.

Robert Percy

"Ruth Perreault" > wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know where an HK 36 operates as a tow plane in Germany, near
> Munich or Frankfurt? I will be in Munich over this weekend and Frankfurt
> next. I wish to see how the machine operates before purchasing one.
>
> Thank you
>
> Ruth Perreault
>
> Hallo alle,
>
> Das tut mir Leid, mein Deutsh ist doch elemantarish. Kennen sie ein
> Segelflugzeuggruppe (Club) in Deutscland (Münche diese wochende oder
> Frankfurt, nachste) mit ein HK 36 für Schleppflugzeug. Ich wünche gekauft
> einer Diamond xtreme.
>
> Mit grüssen!
>
> Ruth Perreault

MSDUS
June 3rd 04, 04:34 PM
Hi Ruth,
you may talk to two clubs near Frankfurt. The Akaflieg Darmstadt is owning a
Dimona with 80 HP and they do aerotowing with 15 or 18 m wingspan gliders.
In Reinheim they had a Dimona with 115 HP which was also used to tow a Duo
Discus. Aerotowing was OK, but a lot of problems with the engine.
It seems the weather will be OK over the weekend, so you might get in touch
with them.
http://www.fsvor.com/index.htm
http://www.akaflieg.tu-darmstadt.de/index.php
Regards,

Manfred

"robert" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello
> Not Germany, but there is one towing in Southeast Queensland Australia
> regularly.
>
> Normally out of Caboolture Gliding Club North of Brisbane
> (www.glidingcaboolture.org.au), but it has operated out of our club
Darling
> Downs Soaring Club( www.ddsc.org.au).
>
> http://www.glidingcaboolture.org.au/joy.htm
>
> Although I have not had a tow behind it, it certainly seemed to perform
> acceptably with normal weight aircraft. Don't think a loaded up Nimbus on
> our grass strip at 1200 ft altitude would be a good thing.
>
> You could also try contacting Pam & Gerrit Kurstjens of our club who have
> the four place Dimona and his and hers Nimbus 4s'.
>

> They tow regularly with it and have lots of experience in light and
> commercial aviation and gliding around the world.
> Hope this helps.
>
> Robert Percy
>

> "Ruth Perreault" > wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Does anyone know where an HK 36 operates as a tow plane in Germany, near
> > Munich or Frankfurt? I will be in Munich over this weekend and Frankfurt
> > next. I wish to see how the machine operates before purchasing one.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Ruth Perreault
> >
> > Hallo alle,
> >
> > Das tut mir Leid, mein Deutsh ist doch elemantarish. Kennen sie ein
> > Segelflugzeuggruppe (Club) in Deutscland (Münche diese wochende oder
> > Frankfurt, nachste) mit ein HK 36 für Schleppflugzeug. Ich wünche
gekauft
> > einer Diamond xtreme.
> >
> > Mit grüssen!
> >
> > Ruth Perreault

Robert Ehrlich
June 3rd 04, 07:49 PM
MSDUS wrote:

> Hi Ruth,
> you may talk to two clubs near Frankfurt. The Akaflieg Darmstadt is owning a
> Dimona with 80 HP and they do aerotowing with 15 or 18 m wingspan gliders.
> In Reinheim they had a Dimona with 115 HP which was also used to tow a Duo
> Discus. Aerotowing was OK, but a lot of problems with the engine.
> It seems the weather will be OK over the weekend, so you might get in touch
> with them.

We also have a Dimona with 115 HP and it tows an AH25 turbo which has its
engine removed. But also a lot of problems with the engine. I think every
possible problem has happend, but I was also thinking that before the last
one :-)

Google