PDA

View Full Version : Re: Today's Theory About Amelia Earhart's Death Involves Giant Crabs - Holidaymaker_Mark_Pierrot_holds_a_massive_coconut_ crab_during_a_-a-26_1454582612732.jpg

Byker
November 15th 17, 05:43 PM

>The horrifying creatures known informally as coconut crabs grow to “the
>size of dogs” and can “tear through solid matter with claws nearly as
>strong as a lion’s jaws.” They have even been “known to scavenge off
>corpses.”

I used to see those critters on Guam and I gave them a wide berth. Those
claws can snip a hand right off, and I heard about people going to sleep on
the beach and one of these monsters coming along and cracking their heads
open like a coconut.

While their meat is considered edible, eating it is discouraged because
these crabs absorb the toxins from poisonous shellfish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKBGXzLVvY

https://guam.stripes.com/news/bite-guams-tasty-land-crabs

Google