PDA

View Full Version : PDA mount in PIK20B

Derrick Steed
May 19th 04, 08:16 PM
Can anyone provide pictures/diagrams of their arrangement of a PDA mount in
a PIK20B (the cockpit layout of the 'D is different, that's why I
specifically ask about the 'B. I am still wrestling with the best mounting
position - given the large arc that the stick can move in getting a position
which is in line of sight and which doesn't interfere with the stick is
proving to be a challenge for me.

Before anyone accuses me of being thick: OK, I admit it, I'm thick.

Rgds,

Derrick.

Marc Arsenault
May 22nd 04, 02:31 AM
Hello Derrick,

Simple, I used a Ram mount that I siliconed on top (the sloped portion) of
the instrument panel. I used the suction attachement to procure a high area
to support the contraption. It is quite solid. Further FYI, I have the
"small" intrument panel for my Pik-20 B. I do not have a picture handy but
the Ram mount is reasonnably adjustable to stay away from the canopy.

Good luck

Marc
Pik-20 B "74"

"Derrick Steed" > wrote in message
> Can anyone provide pictures/diagrams of their arrangement of a PDA mount
in
> a PIK20B (the cockpit layout of the 'D is different, that's why I
> specifically ask about the 'B. I am still wrestling with the best mounting
> position - given the large arc that the stick can move in getting a
position
> which is in line of sight and which doesn't interfere with the stick is
> proving to be a challenge for me.
>
> Before anyone accuses me of being thick: OK, I admit it, I'm thick.
>
> Rgds,
>
> Derrick.

Google