PDA

View Full Version : Plans WTB

kalfreds0412
February 14th 05, 11:29 PM
I'm looking for a used or unused set of plans for a Midget Mustang or a Vans
RV-3. Someone has them, may as well sell them.

Let me know.

Thanks

Mike

Mark Smith
February 14th 05, 11:49 PM
kalfreds0412 wrote:

> I'm looking for a used or unused set of plans for a Midget Mustang or a Vans
> RV-3. Someone has them, may as well sell them.
>
> Let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

a local has a nice one for sale, the complete plane that is

he's on the fence about selling it,

cash yells,

email for a name,,,,,

--
Mark Smith
Tri-State Kite Sales

Morgans
February 15th 05, 12:48 AM
"kalfreds0412" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a used or unused set of plans for a Midget Mustang or a
Vans
> RV-3. Someone has them, may as well sell them.
>
> Let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
You mean, like someone who decided not to build? Otherwise, someone who
already built one, and sold the plans to you would be violating copyright,
of one plane per plan. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?
--
Jim in NC

kalfreds0412
February 15th 05, 04:25 AM
Ya I'm looking for plans only. Used or not doesn't matter. I'm not going
to build it. I know that the plans are one set per serial number.

Mike

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "kalfreds0412" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a used or unused set of plans for a Midget Mustang or a
> Vans
> > RV-3. Someone has them, may as well sell them.
> >
> > Let me know.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mike
> You mean, like someone who decided not to build? Otherwise, someone who
> already built one, and sold the plans to you would be violating copyright,
> of one plane per plan. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?
> --
> Jim in NC

kalfreds0412
February 15th 05, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Richard. I don't know how the designers work it as far
as copyright goes. Maybe the resale of plans is prohibited for what ever
reason. I don't know. I am not going to build. What I want them for is
for reference. I am enrolled in College for an AutoCad course. When I'm
done I would like to have a detailed 3D Model of an aircraft with a cutaway
section. It will be great for a portfolio I think. With any luck a future
employer will be into aviation :)

Mike

> : You mean, like someone who decided not to build? Otherwise, someone who
> :already built one, and sold the plans to you would be violating
copyright,
> :of one plane per plan. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?
>
> There are people out there that collect plans. Some as references for
> some other kind of plane they're going to build - grabbing good ideas
> anywhere they're found - and some just because they like airplane
> plans. For them, it wouldn't matter if a plane had been built from
> the plans or not.
>
> Don't know if that's what Mike's about or not, just observin'.

Dude
February 15th 05, 06:02 PM
You should send out a few emails with offers to pay for printing and
shipping to a few companies. You could likely get them for free or close.
Companies often help students with these kinds of projects. Heck, they may
like to get your results if their model has never been put into Autocad.

Can't hurt to ask :)

"kalfreds0412" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply Richard. I don't know how the designers work it as
> far
> as copyright goes. Maybe the resale of plans is prohibited for what ever
> reason. I don't know. I am not going to build. What I want them for is
> for reference. I am enrolled in College for an AutoCad course. When I'm
> done I would like to have a detailed 3D Model of an aircraft with a
> cutaway
> section. It will be great for a portfolio I think. With any luck a
> future
> employer will be into aviation :)
>
> Mike
>

>> : You mean, like someone who decided not to build? Otherwise, someone
>> who
>> :already built one, and sold the plans to you would be violating
> copyright,
>> :of one plane per plan. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?
>>
>> There are people out there that collect plans. Some as references for
>> some other kind of plane they're going to build - grabbing good ideas
>> anywhere they're found - and some just because they like airplane
>> plans. For them, it wouldn't matter if a plane had been built from
>> the plans or not.
>>
>> Don't know if that's what Mike's about or not, just observin'.

kalfreds0412
February 15th 05, 07:13 PM
Hey good idea "Dude".

Well this thread has lots of opinions and ideas......but no plans ! :)

Mike

Doc Font
February 15th 05, 08:34 PM
In article >,
"kalfreds0412" > wrote:

> I'm looking for a used or unused set of plans for a Midget Mustang or a Vans
> RV-3. Someone has them, may as well sell them.
> Mike

Hi Mike

Small group but it only started a couple months ago. I'm hoping someone
shows up who knows where to find plans for a Currie Wot biplane. Others
want to use it as a place to exchange details like wing or landing gear
design rather than exchange full sets of plans.

I'm also looking for a wing folding mechanism that might be adaptable to
a Woody's Pusher. Anyone with Sonerai 2 plans out there?

In the hard to find catagory, I've got a set of Herb Rayner's Curtis
Pusher replica plans for a design that looks a lot like this;
http://vulatalk.zdwebhosting.com/pictures2/curtisland/curtissbulloch4.jpg

DocFont

Frank van der Hulst
February 16th 05, 07:15 AM
kalfreds0412 wrote:
> Well this thread has lots of opinions and ideas......but no plans ! :)

My feeling is that once you've built a plane, you'll want to keep the
plans for maintenance/repairs/mods, etc.

If there was some specific page you wanted full-size, asking a builder
to copy that page for you would perhaps be more successful than asking
to buy all the plans.

If you want a full set of A3 size RV plans, you could buy them off Vans
Aircraft for IIRC $50 -- they're included in the back of the manual.

Frank

Google