PDA

View Full Version : Ribbons?

Noah Little
February 15th 05, 03:00 AM
Jim wrote:
> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1

> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

It's not a dungaree uniform.

> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
Give _us_ a break.
--
Noah

niceguy
February 15th 05, 03:18 AM
It's not a dungaree uniform. It's the "service blue" uniform.
As for the ribbons, why not?

"Jim" > wrote in message
> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1
>
> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?
>
> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Jim
February 15th 05, 03:37 AM
http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1

Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Jim Carriere
February 15th 05, 04:52 AM
Noah Little wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
>> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1
>

>> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?
>

> It's not a dungaree uniform.
>
>> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.
>

> Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
> Give _us_ a break.

A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the
NAM and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ribbons/navy_ribbons.html

Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

vzlion
February 15th 05, 04:11 PM
I've been out of the Navy to long. That was a dungaree uniform when I
wore it. Without the ribbons.

Walt
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:18:42 GMT, "niceguy" >
wrote:

>It's not a dungaree uniform. It's the "service blue" uniform.
>As for the ribbons, why not?
>
>"Jim" > wrote in message
>> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1
>>
>> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?
>>
>> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Ogden Johnson III
February 15th 05, 04:24 PM
Jim Carriere > wrote:

>Noah Little wrote:

>> Jim wrote:

>>> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1

>>> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

>> It's not a dungaree uniform.

>>> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

>> Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
>> Give _us_ a break.

>A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the
>NAM and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.
>
>http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ribbons/navy_ribbons.html
>
>Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

Penny-wise, pound-foolish on the part of all too many military
personnel. Always got those PX/mail-order ribbon sets, about
four of them [one for inspections, three for "daily" wear when
ribbons were specified for uniform of the day]. which would
usually last until my next GCM award. Make sure they're correct
when received [and make the PX/mail order folks replace them if
they aren't] and you never have to worry about eagle-eyes like
Jim Carriere winkling your deficiencies out. ;->

[OK, times like now, mebbe just two sets, one inspection, one
daily, since there's more chance of you/your unit doing something
heroic to rate a new award, or you doing something dumb and
earning the "I forgot to duck" one. {"Now what was it the Gunny
said? Always cut the blue wire? Or was it the red one?" ;->}]
--
OJ III

Jim
February 16th 05, 03:39 AM
vzlion wrote:
> I've been out of the Navy to long. That was a dungaree uniform when I
> wore it. Without the ribbons.

My point exactly. It looks like a dungaree shirt with whatever trousers
may have been matched to it. Not exactly a sharp image overall.

My days included the undress blues as working uniform of the day. They
were both sharp and practical.

February 18th 05, 03:32 AM
Jim Carriere wrote:
> Noah Little wrote:
>
>> Jim wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1
>>

>>> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?
>>

>> It's not a dungaree uniform.
>>
>>> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.
>>

>> Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
>> Give _us_ a break.
>

> A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the NAM
> and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.
>
> http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ribbons/navy_ribbons.html
>
> Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

as one who's first naval good conduct medal was not earned until almost
eight years of service were completed: it's hardly automatic......

niceguy
February 18th 05, 05:22 PM
It's automatic for anyone who "keeps his nose clean".

> wrote in message
> Jim Carriere wrote:
>> Noah Little wrote:

>>> It's not a dungaree uniform.

>>> Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
>>> Give _us_ a break.
>>

>> A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the NAM
>> and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.
>>
>> http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ribbons/navy_ribbons.html
>>
>> Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.
>>

> as one who's first naval good conduct medal was not earned until almost
> eight years of service were completed: it's hardly automatic......

niceguy
February 18th 05, 05:24 PM
I saw Naval personnel wearing it at Pascagoula MS last year. Looked good.

"niceguy" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> It's not a dungaree uniform. It's the "service blue" uniform.
> As for the ribbons, why not?
>
> "Jim" > wrote in message
>> http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=5&sort_type=0&sort_row=1
>>
>> Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?
>>
>> Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Greasy Rider© @invalid.com
February 18th 05, 05:50 PM
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:32:51 -0500, postulated

>as one who's first naval good conduct medal was not earned until almost
>eight years of service were completed: it's hardly automatic......

I had my Good Conduct medal engraved on the reverse:

For Three Years of
Undetected Crime.

Noah Little
February 18th 05, 07:20 PM