PDA

View Full Version : "Cosim" Variometer (sensitive rate of climb indicator)

December 20th 17, 06:32 PM
I have a NOS COSIM Variometer for sailplane, gliders and it was manufactured by Cobb-Slater Instrument CO., LTD., Matlock, England in the 1940 and 1960. It's a pellet type of indicator in a bakelite brown enclosure, it measuring unit is ft/sec, a red pellet for downward and a green pellet for upward movement. It would be appreciated if someone knows what this variometer is worth. Thank you

Peter Purdie[_3_]
December 21st 17, 09:51 AM
Ah, the Cosim vario. I did all my Silver C and first competition with one

as my only vario. In answer to the question, put it on e-bay with a
heads up on this site, and you will find out.

At 18:32 20 December 2017, wrote:
>I have a NOS COSIM Variometer for sailplane, gliders and it was
>manufacture=
>d by Cobb-Slater Instrument CO., LTD., Matlock, England in the 1940
and
>196=
>0. It's a pellet type of indicator in a bakelite brown enclosure, it
>measur=
>ing unit is ft/sec, a red pellet for downward and a green pellet for
>upward=
> movement. It would be appreciated if someone knows what this
variometer
>is=
> worth. Thank you

December 21st 17, 06:53 PM
It's worth next to zero EXCEPT to a vintage sailplane enthusiast who wants one as period for their vintage sailplane.

Put an add in the VSA ... here:

http://www.vintagesailplane.org/

December 22nd 17, 01:21 PM
I will give you $10 plus shipping.

Retting
December 22nd 17, 01:36 PM
$100+shipping

Rob Whitcomb
January 12th 21, 02:15 PM
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 8:36:57 AM UTC-5, Retting wrote:
> $100+shipping

Rob Whitcomb
January 12th 21, 02:16 PM
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 8:36:57 AM UTC-5, Retting wrote:
> $100+shipping

Any chance the Cosim Variometer is still available?
Thanks
Rob

Google