PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Tito's flight

December 22nd 17, 02:43 AM
Anybody else notice Dennis Tito and Morgan Sandercock pulling off a 15 hour, 33 minute 2,620.6 km flight on 12/20 in Argentina? 168.5 km/h average speed at altitudes up to 26,500 msl. Longest flight I have heard of in at least ten years (but I could be wrong.) Self launched in the jet powered Arcus J from Bariloche at sunrise and landed at sunset. Fantastic accomplishment!

December 22nd 17, 02:40 PM
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=1989852089

Kevin Christner
December 22nd 17, 02:42 PM
This may be the second longest OLC flight ever (only Klaus' 3000km greater)?

December 23rd 17, 09:17 AM
Jim Payne’s record flight in Minden 2015 was over 2,900 km. 1,000 km out and return of it in a less than 4 hrs!

December 24th 17, 03:37 AM
Keith Essex did 2674km from Minden a couple of years ago too.
All great flights.

Google