PDA

View Full Version : Looking for broken Garmin

Larry Goddard
July 4th 04, 09:41 PM
I am looking for a broken Garmin (or a really, really cheap one) for
parts. Doesn't matter which model as long as it has the "standard" 4
pin round Garmin connector on it.

Thanks,

Larry Goddard
"01" USA
770-939-2004

Martin Gregorie
July 4th 04, 10:20 PM
On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:41:36 GMT, Larry Goddard >
wrote:

>I am looking for a broken Garmin (or a really, really cheap one) for
>parts. Doesn't matter which model as long as it has the "standard" 4
>pin round Garmin connector on it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Larry Goddard
>"01" USA
>770-939-2004

Have you checked eBay? There are a lot of GPS units sold there. I
recently got an unused GPS-35 (blind GPS) through them for about 35%
of RRP.

OTOH, if its the plug you want, go look at http://pfranc.com/

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK

Larry Goddard
July 5th 04, 04:27 AM
I need the mating socket, not the plug. Thanks anyway!

Larry
"01" USA

Martin Gregorie wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:41:36 GMT, Larry Goddard >
> wrote:
>
> >I am looking for a broken Garmin (or a really, really cheap one) for
> >parts. Doesn't matter which model as long as it has the "standard" 4
> >pin round Garmin connector on it.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Larry Goddard
> >"01" USA
> >770-939-2004
> >

> Have you checked eBay? There are a lot of GPS units sold there. I
> recently got an unused GPS-35 (blind GPS) through them for about 35%
> of RRP.
>
> OTOH, if its the plug you want, go look at http://pfranc.com/
>
> --
> martin@ : Martin Gregorie
> gregorie : Harlow, UK
> demon :
> co : Zappa fan & glider pilot
> uk :

Martin Gregorie
July 5th 04, 12:46 PM
On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 03:27:53 GMT, Larry Goddard >
wrote:

>I need the mating socket, not the plug. Thanks anyway!

Definitely check eBay in that case. There is quite a lot of
non-functional kit sold on there and you can always e-mail the seller
to find out if the socket is OK.

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK