PDA

View Full Version : Light parachute for 200 lb pilot?

Jonathan St. Cloud
March 16th 18, 10:17 PM
I am currently flying with a Butler chute. While it is the most comfortable chute I have flew with, it is also heavy. Can anyone recommend a light weight chute for a 200-220 lb pilot?

Tony[_5_]
March 16th 18, 11:04 PM
National 360 is about 12 lbs IIRC. About 5 lbs lighter than my softie. As a result my friends National 360 has flown in two WGCs!

WB
March 17th 18, 04:04 AM
On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 6:04:37 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
> National 360 is about 12 lbs IIRC. About 5 lbs lighter than my softie. As a result my friends National 360 has flown in two WGCs!

Ain't them National 360's for a max pilot weight of 180lbs?

Tony[_5_]
March 17th 18, 12:40 PM
Good catch Wally, but the 425 is good to over 200lbs and weighs 11.8lbs vs 10.8 for the 360.

http://wingsandwheels.com/national-360-parachute.html

WB
March 18th 18, 03:27 AM
On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:40:55 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
> Good catch Wally, but the 425 is good to over 200lbs and weighs 11.8lbs vs 10.8 for the 360.
>
> http://wingsandwheels.com/national-360-parachute.html

Yep. That's still very light. My Strong 305 weighs around 16lbs.

I only know about the National 360 weight rating because that's my Crew Chief's chute. A gentleman should never mention a lady's age or weight, but if Mary Jo has to jump that chute on a good thermal day, she probably won't get down until sunset.

March 19th 18, 03:38 AM
On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 3:17:07 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
> I am currently flying with a Butler chute. While it is the most comfortable chute I have flew with, it is also heavy. Can anyone recommend a light weight chute for a 200-220 lb pilot?

What's heavy? My Butler chute weighs 14 lb. Seems pretty light to me.

5Z

Dan Marotta
March 19th 18, 03:12 PM
That's cuz you're a young stud, Tom. :-D

--
Dan, 5J

Google