PDA

View Full Version : Re: Correct adhesive to use to attach tail wheel assembly.

Cookie
April 1st 18, 05:49 AM
3M makes a heavy duty double sided foam tape it is used to attach fender flairs and suff on cars and trucks...works great... git it in auto parts store

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 9:56:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I recently sheared off the tailwheel assembly on my LS 3a by applying a small side load to the tail while ground handling. The tailwheel has a rubber base that is glued to the fuselage and a roller blade type wheel below. The base

clearly functions as a shock absorber and the entire assembly is designed to shear off in a ground loop. I ordered a replacement tailwheel assembly and used a 3M brand spray contact cement to mount the wheel assembly. I gave it 24 hours to cure and was able to pull the assembly off of the fuselage with very little force. There was no residue of the contact cement on the wheel assembly. Clearly, the contact cement did not adhere to the rubber. Can anyone tell me the proper type of contact cement to use for this application?

> Thanks,
>
> Paul Stiles 9P

Google