PDA

View Full Version : LX 7007 losing Setup data on power down

April 2nd 18, 09:26 AM
There does not appear to be anything wrong with the integrated flash memory
but has anbody had problems with the internal RAM backup power battery
failing on this unit?

Paul Remde
April 2nd 18, 12:16 PM
The internal battery is a lithium button battery which will fail after 5 to 10 years. When it fails the unit's electronic security seal and settings and files will be lost. It is pretty easy to replace the battery, but you should have an LX Navigation dealer like myself do it because there are several similar batteries and you don't want to change the wrong one. Also, only a dealer can re-seal the unit for you. I can change the battery and re-seal it here for $30. I can recalibrate the logger altimeter for an additional $95, plus return shipping costs.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 3:26:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> There does not appear to be anything wrong with the integrated flash memory
> but has anbody had problems with the internal RAM backup power battery
> failing on this unit?

Dan Marotta
April 2nd 18, 04:08 PM
What Paul said.

I had one that came with my Stemme and, like yours, it went stupid every
time I shut down.Â* Since I didn't care about badges, records, or
contests, I opened mine, noted the battery size, and bought one at the
local hardware store.Â* Turned out that the new battery was thicker than
the old and, when I tried to install it, I broke the battery holder.

Undeterred, I bought a bag of battery holders from Amazon (5 holders for
$10), and removed and replaced the battery holder.Â* Now the unit worked,
but I hated it so I replaced it with a ClearNav system. Much happier now!

--
Dan, 5J

Google