PDA

View Full Version : Re: Rules for 1000k with start/finish at midpoint.

Andrew Warbrick
August 6th 04, 09:03 AM
Being perverse, I should say that the FIA only do motor
racing.

You want http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3_2003.pdf
Rule 1.4.3d (i) and 1.4.3d (ii) apply for 1000k records,
see also the definition of CLOSED COURSE 1.1.15.

Such a course is okay for distance records, 3.1.41
implies that it's also good for speed records.

However, if you are after a 1000k diploma rather than
a record, any 1000k course with 1,2 or 3 pre declared
turnpoints, at least 10km apart, rounded in any order,
would do (1.4.5b).

At 20:36 05 August 2004, Tim Taylor wrote:
>Can someone point me to the rules for setting up a
>1000k FIA legal
>triangle with the start at or near the midpoint of
>a leg. I know I
>have seen it, but can't find it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tim

Tim Taylor
August 9th 04, 10:33 PM
Andrew,

Thanks, that was the section I was looking for. I am looking at doing
the 1000k diploma, but also want to insure it was Hilton Cup legal as
well.

And yes my fingers are dyslectic at times when typing ;-).

Tim

Andrew Warbrick > wrote in message >...
> Being perverse, I should say that the FIA only do motor
> racing.
>
> You want http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3_2003.pdf
> Rule 1.4.3d (i) and 1.4.3d (ii) apply for 1000k records,
> see also the definition of CLOSED COURSE 1.1.15.
>
> Such a course is okay for distance records, 3.1.41
> implies that it's also good for speed records.
>
> However, if you are after a 1000k diploma rather than
> a record, any 1000k course with 1,2 or 3 pre declared
> turnpoints, at least 10km apart, rounded in any order,
> would do (1.4.5b).
>
> At 20:36 05 August 2004, Tim Taylor wrote:
> >Can someone point me to the rules for setting up a
> >1000k FIA legal
> >triangle with the start at or near the midpoint of
> >a leg. I know I
> >have seen it, but can't find it.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Tim

R Barry
August 10th 04, 05:04 AM
Are there any altitude restrictions at start or on course and at landing?

Google