PDA

View Full Version : See You Mobile 7.4

April 17th 18, 10:28 PM
I went to update using the Oudie updater and it seemed to go fine but, I get an error message and it says file corrupted. When I turn on the Oudie it is still showing 7.21.

Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

Dennis

April 18th 18, 10:39 AM
On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5:28:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I went to update using the Oudie updater and it seemed to go fine but, I get an error message and it says file corrupted. When I turn on the Oudie it is still showing 7.21.
>
> Any ideas as to what may be wrong?
>
> Dennis

check to make sure you have the most recent seeyou mobile registration code entered into the Oudie, not an old one

April 18th 18, 12:34 PM
How do I know this? In the past I just plug it into the USB and the downloader took over.

Dennis

Paul Remde
April 18th 18, 02:51 PM
Hi Dennis,

If the automatic update isn't working with the Oudie Updater program, you can download the latest UpdateOudie.exe update file here:
https://www.naviter.com/download-manual-support/#Oudie
Save it to the Oudie's memory - not in any subdirectory. Then reboot the Oudie.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 6:34:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> How do I know this? In the past I just plug it into the USB and the downloader took over.
>
> Dennis

April 18th 18, 07:39 PM
Thank you Paul... I had some confusion as to renaming files but I got it to work. It updated to 8.01 which I guess is a bonus -:)

Best

Dennis

Nick Kennedy
April 18th 18, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know what the latest upgrade to 8.01 did?

April 18th 18, 10:58 PM
I don’t Nick... and I have been all over their web site. I was trying to download 7.4. It does say see you mobile so I didn’t confuse it with see you... which has different version numbers.

DC

MNLou
April 18th 18, 11:41 PM
FWIW - My update to 8.01 was uneventful.

Lou

Nick Hill[_3_]
April 19th 18, 09:57 AM
On 18/04/2018 22:27, Nick Kennedy wrote:
> Does anyone know what the latest upgrade to 8.01 did?

I did this upgrade a while ago as I was on 7.21 and thought I might as
well upgrade to 7.40 but got 8.01.

If you download the zip for PDA/PNA you also get 8.01.

I asked Naviter what the chagnes are and got the reply that that version
hadn't been released yet and the release notes would be updated when it
was released. I pointed out that the official distribution point was
giving out 8.01 so in fact they had released it. They said thank you for
your feedback :-)

--

Nick Hill

DG300PI
April 19th 18, 12:03 PM
I'm considering an update of my seeyou mobile version.
Naviter website states that from version 6.1 airspace is part of the SYM package.
When I download later versions I don't see any airspace files in the root.
How does this work? Do I still have to download them seperate? From where?

JS[_5_]
April 19th 18, 01:46 PM
On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 4:03:54 AM UTC-7, DG300PI wrote:
> I'm considering an update of my seeyou mobile version.
> Naviter website states that from version 6.1 airspace is part of the SYM package.
> When I download later versions I don't see any airspace files in the root.
> How does this work? Do I still have to download them seperate? From where?

I did the update and was surprised at the version number too.
If you require airspace files and are in Los Estados Unidos, upload your waypoint database to Lynn Alley's website soaringdata.info.
It will produce a current airspace files - including TFRs if you want - for the area of your database in open air (text) format.
You can then open that airspace file in SeeYou PC and export it to your hard drive or Oudie as a binary CUB file.
Feel free to click the donate button.
Jim

April 19th 18, 02:12 PM
So Nick ...What do you make of that? Are we using beta stuff? Or Do they not know how disorganized and unprofessional that appears to the market.

DC

April 19th 18, 05:18 PM
I just got this message from Jost Napret of Navvitar.

“software version 8.01.004 is not officially released yet, but it is well tested and mainly includes only bug fixes.”

DC

Google