PDA

View Full Version : International Gliding Commission

April 22nd 18, 09:27 AM
Here's a debatable subject few appreciate.

For the second time in five years, the I.G.C. Bureau has been unable to find a worthy recipient to be awarded the Lilienthal Medal, Gliding's highest award. The Bureau has only 90,000 pilots/officials to select a recipient from. ( ? ? ?)

krasw
April 22nd 18, 10:46 AM
On Sunday, 22 April 2018 11:28:01 UTC+3, wrote:
> Here's a debatable subject few appreciate.
>
> For the second time in five years, the I.G.C. Bureau has been unable to find a worthy recipient to be awarded the Lilienthal Medal, Gliding's highest award. The Bureau has only 90,000 pilots/officials to select a recipient from. ( ? ? ?)

Nominees are presented by national aeroclubs. Who was your aeroclub's choice?

Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]
April 22nd 18, 10:56 AM
At 08:27 22 April 2018, wrote:
>Here's a debatable subject few appreciate.
>
>For the second time in five years, the I.G.C. Bureau has been unable to
>find a worthy recipient to be awarded the Lilienthal Medal, Gliding's
>highest award. The Bureau has only 90,000 pilots/officials to select a
>recipient from. ( ? ? ?)

But surely, just to award it to someone because it exists, devalues the
award to those who have merited it.

In Arthurian legend, the Siege Perilous was a vacant seat at the Round
Table reserved by Merlin for the knight who would one day be successful in
the quest for the Holy Grail.

You have to earn your right to the award.

son_of_flubber
April 22nd 18, 05:31 PM
Why not nominate the fella that invented FES? I really should know his name.

MNLou
April 23rd 18, 03:56 AM
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:31:31 AM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
> Why not nominate the fella that invented FES? I really should know his name.

That would be Luka Žnidaršič and this father Matija.

Check out http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com

Lou

April 23rd 18, 07:02 AM
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:46:42 AM UTC+2, krasw wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 April 2018 11:28:01 UTC+3, wrote:
> > Here's a debatable subject few appreciate.
> >
> > For the second time in five years, the I.G.C. Bureau has been unable to find a worthy recipient to be awarded the Lilienthal Medal, Gliding's highest award. The Bureau has only 90,000 pilots/officials to select a recipient from. ( ? ? ?)
>
> Nominees are presented by national aeroclubs. Who was your aeroclub's choice?

Sebastian Kawa was the nominee from Poland

Tango Eight
April 24th 18, 12:50 AM
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 12:31:31 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
> Why not nominate the fella that invented FES?

Because designing a nifty electric wheelchair is not the same as running a record breaking ultra-marathon.

T8

Google